White deer

Njr

How rare are they. Where can they be found, what sort of money would you pay to shoot one.

Can you help me with this please thanks

PLEASE POST AN APPROPRIATE INTRODUCTION WITHIN 24HRS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to see a single white fallow doe on an estate where I stalked. Never really thought about shooting it though...

I'll never shoot a white beast. White fallow are a good marker for the movements of your herd. Also they are great for finding other deer with them. Spy a restock and you easily pick out the white ones and there's sometimes a good chance they'll be shootable beasts with them,
Hope that makes sense lol

Also its 99 years bad luck if you do shoot white one!

Last edited:
How rare are they. Where can they be found, what sort of money would you pay to shoot one.

Can you help me with this please thanks

First post and no introduction. Intro first please, especially as your first post is rather an unusual question :-|

I'll never shoot a white beast. White fallow are a good marker for the movements of your herd. Also they are great for finding other deer with them. Spy a restock and you easily pick out the white ones and there's sometimes a good chance they'll be shootable beasts with them,
Hope that makes sense lol

Also its 99 years bad luck if you do shoot white one!

I agree but you may be making life easy for the dreaded poachers though........

In areas where there are large numbers of fallow you will see an odd white one. White roe and reds i would say are particularly rare. Never heard of anyone paying money to shoot one or anyone advertising them. Not sure I want to either.

Regards

M

if i see a white fallow and its in season on my patch , it gets the good news from my 270 !

its for the welfare of the herd !

Don't know about Fallow but I am with Elrig - shoting a white hart (Red) is supposed to bring bad luck. I for one would wouldn't want to do it anyway - plenty of brown ones on offer!

Apologies to all, I'm new. Im 14 years old doing a report at school about hunting and poachers and the effect of needless culling of rare animals for trophies. Jut reading a lot of rubbish on the Internet. So I thought I would ask you guys. Cheers

There were two white (red) stags on an estate I used to work on.

One of these was pure white all over and the other was mostly white but with a few blotches of red on it.

i shoot white fallow on sight , they stand out too much , if i can see them from a distance so can poachers . I have had a white roe doe on my beat and left her alone but she vanished ??

Got two this season (both fallow, 1 buck and 1 doe). To be honest I think it is for the good of the herd that they are shot. They give all of their buddies away and will continue to do so if they breed. I congratulate you if you are such a diligent 14 year old joining an internet forum to answer some classwork, I find this hard to believe though. You have somewhat of a loaded premise in your report, if you're looking for blood-thirsty trophy hunters you've come to the wrong place....

These sort of forums are the best for real answers. People who know true stuff that can be commented on so I can make a precise report. I can't achieve my a* by just copying and pasting. That's just basic error and plagiarism. I need to know about. The culling of white deer because their either a danger to the herd or good/bad for gene pool. I dunno just some really useful facts and brief write up if you can help. I googled white deer and firstly came across report on a guy who payed 6k to shoot one. Then I read these reposts and I see your views. So I asked the question had a few useful and many useless replys mainly because of my opening post but hey. I'm trying to crack this a*. So I'm being very smart in someways by using the net. To ask in forums by huntsmen

Cheers

as stated , i cull white fallow out of herds because they stand out and can be seen by poachers from a long distance and as such they are a danger to the rest of the herd , BUT they still have to fall into the cull plan ie right age to sex ratio . That said , estates need to make income , i dont charge any more for white deer but would i be wrong to take extra money if it was offered ? we have wild deer , they need controling so they dont cause too much crop/habitat damage , they also need controling to keep them fit and healthy any income made from this is an added bonus NOT the reason for culling deer

Back