First fox with the 30-06

Jonher

Went out stalking with my brother for a buck yesterday in a small block of forest surrounded by fields with ewes and their lambs, we didn't see any roe buck, but we caught sight of a fox in the field with the ewes. We knew the farmer had been losing lambs so we crept up and I took the fox, a vixen at 110 meters with my 30-06.

9b60adde.jpg

Attachments

• 9b60adde.jpg
    9b60adde.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 39
I've been toying with a light 110g load for my 30-06 for foxes,,,should be pretty fast and flat I'd think!

Slight overkill but still one less,what moderator are you using by the way.atb Ed:)
Went out stalking with my brother for a buck yesterday in a small block of forest surrounded by fields with ewes and their lambs, we didn't see any roe buck, but we caught sight of a fox in the field with the ewes. We knew the farmer had been losing lambs so we crept up and I took the fox, a vixen at 110 meters with my 30-06

9b60adde.jpg

Nice shot farmer will be happy

Cheers mate.

Jon, are you sure you used enough gun??

Nice one.

Hi Brian, well was after roe buck and the chance of a fox presented so thought why not :D

I've been toying with a light 110g load for my 30-06 for foxes,,,should be pretty fast and flat I'd think!

I'm sure you'll get good velocities from a 110 grain, the VV Reloading guide shows up to 1000m/s so i'm sure that should be flat enough.

Slight overkill but still one less,what moderator are you using by the way.atb Ed:)

Hi Ed, I was using my new A-Tec Maxim, it's the Norwegian version so has 6 baffels, I'm really happy with it.

Looks like there are cubs nearby! that Vixen is milky.

And the cubs she was obviously feeding????? What happened to them.

Cubs have also been taken out.

Back