Thread: A plan for a high seat

A plan for a high seat

Hi there

im new to this site, i found it whilst googleing high seat plans to no avail

anyway i was wondering if any one had any simple wooden high seat plans that they wouldnt mind sending me

mnay many thanks

Try searching High Seats on here, been quite a few recently mostly timber type, what are you planning metal or timber?

Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Hi there, yea i tried that and only brought up oes from 2009 etc so wasnt even sure if the people who started the thread were still on here, i want to make a timber one not sure if i want a lean to or free standing, probs lean to many thanks

Hi Stokefan

There were plans for a good wooden seat in a recent BASC magazine. I know aguy who made a couple he reckoned the plans were spot on and only cost about a 100 for a solid freestander. If you want a copy just PM me your address and I'll post it to you

Follow this link, the pdf on how to build one is on there under the deer stalking section

Quote Originally Posted by munty6.5 View Post
    Follow this link, the pdf on how to build one is on there under the deer stalking section

that one looks great. i think im going to try it many thanks for showing me

hi bud

i have seen 3 seats in the last week (up north) that where made from a 3 section alloy ladder.

each section was laid down on the floor and had a old school polypropylene chair fixed to the top, then they where stood up against the tree and held on place with a simple pair of ratchet straps.

simple and cheap (these ladders came from speedy tool hire) and where unfit for use on a building site and the seats where free from the local tip.

i never took pictures but i did use one last week and found it ok to use,

pf if you use a plastic ploy prop chair. remember to drill some holes in the base of the seat as my R's got a bit wet as they did not drill any in it

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube