Shooting magazines

Sporting rifle, and modern gamekeeping, although I don't get time to read them, as if I am in I am normally on here.

sport rifle but going off it rapido used to read sea angler when i was young an stupid then i realised its designed to catch the angler
mainly read stalking directory now much more entertaining

It's a pity the old, now disappeared, 'Stalking' magazine that Chris Borthen used to edit isn't still around. There's been nothing published since that fills the vacant space left after the mag. closed down.
It used to be published by Field Sport Publications...... plainly ten years ago, there weren't enough readers to make it viable. Maybe now, there would be?

The Field, occasionaly Shooting Times ,Sporting Rifle (although I too had noticed that it is not quite as good as it used to be).atb Tim

Sporting Rifle, but I am getting fed up with the blatent product placement. They never give a definitive result on any comparison tests that they carry out and never slag anything off. I hadn't noticed that every product available is absolutely fantastic but it always seems to be when they test it.

Used to subsribe to SR and SS both now cancelled. Am also fed up about the product placement.

D

+1 Cyres.

Cancelled SS and SR, as both now seem to be more about bigging up the boys / kit club, than informative articles. Save the money for more stalking...

The only one i subscribe to now is" FIELDSPORTS" magazine . It only out quarterly it covers lots of different fieldsports If your fed up with the others its worth a try

Chill

Been round them all and must say I like the shooting times the best usually first with changes of importance in our sport, still I also read sporting rifle regularly also like sporting gun, the others less so but some times have a read if something is of interest

Favourite has to be fieldsports as has been said only quarterly but well worth a look, covers all sorts and far more articles that i personally find of interest than the others. Get the field, shooting gazette and sporting rifle from time to time also.

George

Back