Knife advice

jackfish

I'm looking for a new knife mainly for the gralloch and skinning, was thinking about the Buck Vangaurd, any advice welcome...

Cheers Bryan

I don't think you can wrong with a Vanguard, then again I have got a Mora, and for the price it's hard to beat.
You pays your money and take your choice.

Just bought one of the Mora's, couldn't turn it down at that price, thanks guys appreciate it...

Mora knives you cant go wrong i got mine from Bushwear £4.99, easy to sharpen and if you loose it you can get another cheap enough ! Plenty of fancy expensive knives out there depends what you want from it they all do the same job

Keep it simple and cheap.
Mate had a Mora for couple of years was given a fancy/expensive knife and promptly lost it. :lol:

Mora are superb and cheap enough to use plus the sheath clip is very handy too , and you can fully clean them

Buck Diamondback is the one to get, cheap and excellent rubbergrip Strong thick blade,gut hook, takes a reasonable edge, dish washer safe. Black only so can be lost.

Approx £25 in my view money very well spent.

D

Started using a Puma after a friend gave me one recently, great knife & holds a really good edge... well worth the money.

Fallkniven H1 a knife for life (as long as you dont lose it).
Pumas are also terrific as in balance ergonomics etc, it depends what youa re after. I have a buck vanguard with gut hook somewhere. takes a good edge (as all 440c does) but it is a bit bulky for roe IHMO. buy from states where they are $50

The Kershaw antelope hunter is a better value knife or similar design

Used opinel no 8 for good few years brill little knife until I got a buck 110.
It's the dogs danglies

Back