Thread: Straight leg

Straight leg

My middle spaniel has had a slowly disintegrating ankle joint, well no more!!!! No ankle!!

Looks cheap? Were you insured?
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Who did it for you Roy?
    And how did they think it went?

Done by Mr Harcourt Brown of Harrogate and it was rather more complicated than he hoped. He seems cautiously optimistic and amazingly she is using it already!!! I reckon that tells you what pain she was tolerating before the op.

Not insured as I have 4 dogs and last quote was up around 140 per month so i decided to be my own underwriter. (oh and it certainly wasnt cheap but given I could actually afford it then it was a no brainer, I feel so much for people who simply cannot afford complex treatment and have to have their pets destroyed)

Hi Roy looks like she'll be indoors for a while well done hope she continues to improve mate

Best wishes for a workable recovery.

Amazing what a regular shot of Metacam can do for a dog

That is so much straighter than it was 'before'! She should be back in action for the start of the shooting season, I think you picked an excellent time to get her done.

(love the way you refer to her as your 'middle' spaniel, like a surrogate child )

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.