Fake leupold MK4 on guntrader.

P3T3R

Just thought I would let you all know that there is a Leupold MK4 scope on guntrader for sale and I believe it is a fake.

I just want to warn all fellow SD members before they think they are getting a good deal. If someone thinks this is real please say so and I will eat humble pie and admit I was wrong.

Here is the suspect item - http://www.guntrader.co.uk/EquipmentForSale/detail.php?EquipmentID=120404121724001

Info from Leupold - http://www.leupold.com/corporate/resources/counterfeit-warning/

Last edited:
Quite a lot of fake ones gone through flea bay over the last couple of years,believe they're coming from china suprise suprise.

Looked at the item and can't really make out how you tell it's a fake or not. I have emailed the seller to let them know that there are concerns about the scopes authenticity - hopefully if it's dodgy they'll do the right thing

Proof on these fakes is that they all have the same serial number 9999SC. Showing a picture of the underside of the scope would confirm this. Although the white writing on the objective bell and the printed on logo are confirmation enough to me that this example is a fake.

The Leupold site says the writing on the black ring on the objective should be etched in black.

Unusual for the Chinese forgers to get details like that wrong!

emailed them and offered them £50....if they actually 'are' chinese goods, then they'll accept my offer laughing, knowing they've just got a 500% markup! LOL...seriuosly,,did offer them that thought, INCOMING!!

yeah, never heard back on my offer! LOL,,I bet it will be on ebay now as the seller has realised they've been f*cked, and are trying to pass the disease on to the next fool

yeah, never heard back on my offer! LOL,,I bet it will be on ebay now as the seller has realised they've been f*cked, and are trying to pass the disease on to the next fool

That's a bit harsh PKL! The seller was a shop with a reputation to protect so I wouldn't be surprised if it's been smashed up and disposed of! Not everyone is out to screw people over you know!

What an idiotic thing to say.

Back