Thread: Cheap threading job done while I waited.

Cheap threading job done while I waited.

Here's a couple of pictures of one of my rifles that I have just had chopped.
    It was a .308 Remington VLSF in Adl configuration with an ABS stock and a 22" barrel.
    It is now in a Bdl configuration with a Laminated stock with the beaver forend shaved to a 'Sporter' profile, glass and pillar bedded, and painted with duracoat, left over from when my wife painted the garden gnomes.
    It now has a 16" barrel with a thread protector made from the chopped off bit in such a way that when screwed onto the muzzle the flutes line up making it look better than had they not lined up.
    I have just completed some reloads with a 125gn bullet and some faster burning powder than I usually use ready for a range day which is on the cards in the near future.
    I think, after all this fiddling, this rifle might be a 'Keeper'

Eddy, that is not bad at all. I am sure it will shoot.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Looks great, where did you get it done and for how much if you don't mind me asking

I'm afraid he only does Firearms related jobs for me but all he asked for was about thirty % of what others charge as he finds these jobs rather easy.
    I naturally give him more than he asks, but then that is so that I can always go back !!
    Here's a muzzle brake he made for my Blaser with the 15x1 spigot thread.
    That was a little more than just a straight turning and threading job so I gave him a little more than he asked but still not more than the cost of a couple of Sunday lunches