Thread: Camping in Workington, Cumbria HELP!!!!!!

Camping in Workington, Cumbria HELP!!!!!!

Iím looking for somewhere to camp near Workington in Cumbria. Iím leaving the RAF at the beginning of June and starting a new job in Workington. Due to my wifeís job, sheíll be staying in Oxfordshire for 6-8 weeks with the carpet monkey while Iím getting things sorted out for us in Cumbria. Rather than stay in a B+B, Iím planning to camp as Iíd prefer it and itíll be cheaper. There arenít many camp sites near Workington (Iíd prefer to be within cycling distance). SoÖÖ..Iím hoping to find a friendly and understanding farmer that would let me put the tent up in the corner of a field, NOT FOR FREE. I am self-sufficient and need nothing but water (I can get this from where Iíll be working). Iíll do all I can do be invisible, and will move the tent at least weekly to avoid killing the grass. As I have said, I will need this for a maximum of 8 weeks as Iíll be looking for a house for the family during that time and, itís a firm deadline as we have to be out of the quarter by the beginning of August.I donít have a big tent and am more than happy to keep a low profile.Thank you for taking the time to read this, any help and advice is welcomed.

I had thought that someone might have some comment.

hi geordie, you could try whins farm at harrington , its just outside of workington. Tel- 01946 830373 they have a camping field when theres a vintage rally on in the area, best regards graeme

I called them and they said that they will be able to sort me out, so thanks for the pointer. Once I get the family sorted out I'll have to start trying to get some permission for shooting. I'm glad that it'll be the last time I need to do it for a long time, I'v had to do it every 3-2 years so far.