First Buck of the season

Had a number of cracking mornings after this buck, infact we have being playing a game of cat and mouse since the first of april.
I'v nearly had him on foot on numerous occasions but he has always escaped to live another day, almost had him from two different high seats but there would either be branches or cover in the way.
Even had him lay up 60m just to the side of a seat taking the "p" with trees hiding him.
After stalking around this morning sitting up 3 different seats for a while i was about to give up as it was getting late, then out of the corner of my eye I saw him making his way to the very ride i was looking down.
Wanted to try the .308 with 150 sst's on a heart/lung shot but the buck did'nt look like he was going to give me a broadside so it wasn't going to be, anyway his luck ran out and i have my first roe buck of the season. DF

Vid is best veiwed with settings set to hd =

nice one DF, was he hit a little high? he dropped to shot and never even leapt at all.
and if you did hit bone, what was the exit like with them sst's/btips?
just curious.

Well done on a good buck and video. How did you film was it with a gorilla pod or something like a go pro camera?

George

nice one DF, was he hit a little high? he dropped to shot and never even leapt at all.
and if you did hit bone, what was the exit like with them sst's/btips?
just curious.

John difficult to see on the vid but he was at a different angle for me than the camera, shot it 2 thirds down the neck. still dont know what the damage would be through the ribs.
What i can say is it was pretty distructive on its neck , the head didn't take much removing! DF

Well done on a good buck and video. How did you film was it with a gorilla pod or something like a go pro camera?

George

George it was nothing technical just a quick heath robinson job, that particuar seat is a two manner and has a bit of a wide area on top where the main legs attach to the top rail.
When i saw the buck coming which was a complete suprise as the camera was in my pocket and i was about to leave, i shoved a glove under it to get the angle hoping it wasnt going to topple off when i fired.
All a bit of a rush, but you didnt see it as it was lost in the edit, :D df

Hiya

Good video and thank you for sharing it with us.

Pretty Buck and headgear.

L

Back