odd one out?

Hav another look doghound
considering this was posted in the dog section, i think that was a big enough clue :evil: :lol: :lol:

No mention of a dog on the deerstalking page. No picture of a pony on any of the other pages. Can i claim the prize now :p

Jagare said:
No mention of a dog on the deerstalking page.
even worse Jagare
there is no direct link to use of a dog or to a code of practice for the use of a dog like there is on all of the other pages :confused:
but it also happens to be the only section on the site that i can see that has 2 training facilities set up for dogs for deer :confused: :confused:
does anyone know why this is ?

DOH! we wern't playing "odd one out" we were playing "whats missing".

Jagare, the prize is yours, your'e right though the dog thing is always a little on the second thought sort of level.

Though to be fair the BASC do get Nils Sondrgaard in to do a dogs for deer day, so they are trying to keep up with the times a bit.

Try the NGO or Countryside alliance, there is a lot less dog related material. Perhaps if all the pressure/interest groups saw working dogs as an individual issue the tail docking thing might have gone differently.

doghound
please don't get me wrong here
i am a great supporter of BASC and think they do offer a lot
i think its a great idea to hav the likes Neils Sondergaard showing his experience for others to learn from
if i had not been busy that weekend ,i would of probaly gone myself
as it is right on my doorstep,
infact i did query about spaces for the monday/tuesday but work has put a stop to that now
i believe there are still places available ;)

but just like you pointed out "what's missing"
folllowing on from a conversation talking about stalking and dogs
to a young lady who has not long passed her DMQ1
as you do :rolleyes:
the young lady in question mentioned this same point to me
with her being interested in training a dog for deer work as she has a young GWP
she felt that there was little or no info to look at on the site
even how little it was advertised and at last minute :confused:

i hav now directed her to better sites to look at in regards to dogs for deer training
some that even hav pictures of deer dogs at work :evil: :lol:

stone said:
doghound
please don't get me wrong here
i am a great supporter of BASC and think they do offer a lot
i think its a great idea to hav the likes Neils Sondergaard showing his experience for others to learn from
if i had not been busy that weekend ,i would of probaly gone myself
as it is right on my doorstep,
infact i did query about spaces for the monday/tuesday but work has put a stop to that now
i believe there are still places available ;)

but just like you pointed out "what's missing"
folllowing on from a conversation talking about stalking and dogs
to a young lady who has not long passed her DMQ1
as you do :rolleyes:
the young lady in question mentioned this same point to me
with her being interested in training a dog for deer work as she has a young GWP
she felt that there was little or no info to look at on the site
even how little it was advertised and at last minute :confused:
plus as such big organisation promoting dogs for deer stalking and training as much as they do, surely there would of been more about the use of a dog as a usefull aid from the start

i hav now directed her to better sites to look at in regards to dogs for deer work/training :)
some that even hav pictures of deer dogs at work :evil: :lol:

Back