Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boots or Wellies?

Boots or Wellies?

Just wondered how many of you out there stalk in wellies as opposed to boots?

Was out with a friend stalking last week & he was surprised to see that i do all my stalking in a pair of tight fitting le chameu wellies, be it on the hill, woods, fields etc.

I get the argument for a pair of loose fitting wellies not providing enough ankle support, but ive just never found wellies a problem even in the toughest terrain.

Whats your thoughts?
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

Wellies in Caithness. If this drought thing is happening, we havn't seen it here...

Boots (glockner) in Wicklow, wellies for the rest. The farmland I stalk over is WET in the winter time.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

you must be one of the ''Wellie boot boys'' from the west

Its an old skool thing not wearing wellies on the hill I think is form when wellies were crap, The Le chameu's can be abit slippy on wet heather but there's just as much ankle support as a short pair of boots. In the summer I wear hoggs hill shoes or hill boots and there's absolutely no ankle support.

I know lads from the west that wear them all the time on the hill because its so wet.

Wellies for stalking as it is generally wet 90% of the season. I wear Aigle neoprene lined wellies and find them great.
    In the summer while out bunny bashing I just wear boots.

I wouldnt go hiking in the hills in a pair of Welles, nor would i go stalking in a pair of Wellies.....the hills I stalk in require proper walking boots. Sometimes the stalk is tantamount to mountain climbing.

Depends how wet it is 90% douvre extreme or lowa mountain combats with yeti gaiter. If swampy wellies.

Grubb short rubber lace up boots, vibram sole for under 90 squids - perfick all rounder

I hate wellies so its Meindl Douvre boots all year round for me. I like to tie my trousers to top of boots to keep ticks/water out so the lace eyes stop trousers from sliding off boots. I did try wellies many years ago but my ankles ached all day plus trousers wouldn't stay put for more than five mins at a time! Oh, and I also got covered in ticks from falling over 1000 times...did I say I hate wellies