Thread: Jeep Cherokee 2005

Jeep Cherokee 2005

Ok guys... My better half has pursuaded me that I need a cheaper to run car. We are a one car family and I do a lot of running around covering 15-20k per year. Having just had my mums Fiesta for a week while the truck was in for service.. really brought this home, particularly, if I'm honest, as I only probably need the off roadiness of it (and nothing serious at that!) 5-6 days a year...

Soooo..... here is my late (55 plate) 2005 Jeep Cherokee 2.8CRD sport +... (the + is for the factory cruise control you wouldn't normally get on a sport) For a truck she performs like a bat out of hell!!! and drives very compliantly on the road... more like car than truck!

6 speed manual with P/T lo/hi ratio 4wd. She will go anywhere!

Usual Jeep kit plus my upgrades... My mum bought this with 1,500 miles on the clock (demonstrator) from local jeep dealer and I bought it off my Mum at 24,000. Now has 77k on it. As soon as I got it the suspension was all upgraded to OME kit which also gave her a 1.5" lift. Spidertrax alloy spacers were fitted to give her a slightly wider gait and replace any stability lost in the lift and an ARB -winch bumper complete with Warne XD9000 winch was fitted...

IPF Extreme flood/spots fitted (1 x pencil & 1 x flood) which can be controlled as part of the main beam funcion or independantly switched in and out as desired..

total cost of this little lot.. approx £3,500.. Winch has been used lightly, twice! (The most off road she has seen are rough FC forestry tracks in Scotland)

She has Towbar fitted with QR hitch and dual electrics.. this lot was fitted for caravan which she pulled on 4 occassions before we got rid of the caravan so she hasn't been a 'tractor.'

Then to the interior..

Small kids get bored in cars so we had tv screens professionally fitted into the headrests with ir headphones, these are controled by the dual zone JVC head unit up front which then runs through 2 Audison amps, 1 powering the front JVC reference speakers and the other monobloc powers the single custom sub that resides in the boot space... The sound system is something to behold!!! This also has ipod and USB feeds and will also do all sorts of other clever stuff!

Also fitted is a digital & audible pitch & yaw meter/alarm... Also, I had my TomTom 910 hard wired in so will leave that too! the electronics ran to approx £3,000!!

She is clean and tidy.. a few minor blemishes that I never felt worthy of repair (small dent to the detailing on nearside rear door where some ***** has opened their car door on her in a car park) and an unnoticable one on one of the bonnet headlamp nacelles.. off side..

So there you have it... it will be a gut wrenching sale but the wife is right (aren't they always!!!!) I need to be realistic!

Any questions just ask... any inspection welcome.

pic is 2 years old but she doesn't look any different after a good wash and wax!

Taxed until July and Tested until Sept/Oct (can't remember, it's one or the other!!) All belts etc.. replaced as per manufacturers specs and had new discs & pads all round 4,000 miles ago

I'm looking for £5,499 or VERY, VERY near offer.
    Last edited by Vipa; 16-04-2012 at 19:21.

A very Useful motor, shame it aint 2 year older I just dont have the extra ££'s