Thread: New guy from Sussex

New guy from Sussex

Hi all , I'm a 20 year old farmer of about 1600 acres in Sussex / surrey but control the vermin over about 3000 acres , my preferred calibers are . 17hmr and .22-250 I've recently purchased a tikka .308 and I'm bein mentored in deer stalking and boar hunting . I'm keen to learn and make friends and help anyone if I can . Looking forward to learning some new skills and meeting new people .
    Cheers for now

Welcome to the site. Where in Sussex are you?

Hello ACM and welcome to the site. Great choices in calibres there. .17 is my rifle of choice to take out when Im feeding, and the 22-250 is my choice for fox. If you want to learn more about deer stalking and maybe go for your dsc, have a look at my website Yes, there is a part where you need to subscribe to if you want to do thr training lessons, but there's also a lot of free information pages there too.

Cheers, Steve

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi Acm

I too am in sussex, bit further down near Heathfield, I have about 500acres here, if you want to come down for a walk around our woods sometime let me know. I have been stalking nearly twenty years.

Thanks everyone for your kind replys ,John i may be in touch to take you up on your offer , that sounds great .
    Steve your sites great , thank you , I too find them to be great and effective calibers . I've just this minute killed 3 magpies with my .17!
    Tusker I'm in west Sussex , quite close to Chichester . Have looked at your pictures , very impressive kills !

Very kind of you to say so, perhaps we may meet up for a pint at some time?

Yes that'd be great , would be good to meet some more experianced shooters . apologies for the late reply , I'll be in touch .