variation wording

bongo

hi ive just recieved my license back after a variation , I asked for a 22 semi-auto , What they have sent back is cal .22lr type rifle does that meen i can have either a bolt action or semi-auto as i asked for , ive just phoned my local RFD and they interprete it as ok for either , What do you chaps read it as thanks gerry

hi ive just recieved my license back after a variation , I asked for a 22 semi-auto , What they have sent back is cal .22lr type rifle does that meen i can have either a bolt action or semi-auto as i asked for , ive just phoned my local RFD and they interprete it as ok for either , What do you chaps read it as thanks gerry

Yep it does, i have the same wording on my ticket and I asked the same question, I have seen some peoples tickets which specify 22lr bolt which is strange but im guessing different Forces etc.

I agree but note they say.22lr which I would take to mean rim-fire and could exclude you from .22 longs and .22 shorts etc but for normal sporting use generally not required and if used in a semi auto would not cycle the action.

Bob

Thanks i guessed so but its nice to be 100% , I have allready two 22lr's listed as bolt action and one listed as self loading hence i wondered if it had to state either or again thanks thats a relief not having to send it back even though credit where its due there and back in a week with cheshire feo , atb gerry

The variation's fine. You need LR anyway for anything you're likely to do and you've now got the option of buying whatever type of .22 that takes your fancy

Back