Cuckoo

Heard my first this year at 5.45pm Tuesday 17th.
I was in a high seat and it sounded off just behind me, then flew in front of me and started again.
I have heard them in the distance quite often, not this year, but this was as close as you could get.
The noise was quite loud and clear.

Yep heard my first one this year at the beginning of the month, I was looking for my first Buck of the season and ended up being successful about an hour later. Between hearing this and watching the Barn Owl out working the ground to my front, I nearly, I said nearly got distracted.:D

going to a really nice wood tomorrow eve i normally hear them there last try for a fallow so hope they show up too :D

Been hearing them for about a fortnight now but not seeing the numbers as yet
Great to hear the first few days but blooming annoy all day long day after day

was shooting this afternoon in leek and heard cuckow down in bradnop, also this evening heard one in woods at back of my house swallows arrived here on wednesday

Not seen the swallows as yet , but they normally arrive this next week coming
Which is surprising as both cuckoo and swallows normally arrive with in days of each other
But then the cuckoos are much earlier than normal this year

It's very easy to call Cuckoo in to you by imitating their call, anyone else tried it. Very intersting as you don't often see them close.

going to a really nice wood tomorrow eve i normally hear them there last try for a fallow so hope they show up too :D
7.45 pm i heard one [cukoo]....8.00pm a fallow doe .....8.05 a munty doe ......8.20 2 munty's ....no fallow buck :doh:
ps leaving the munty,s in this wood

Hi Tim
Pete(Rodinator) and I heard one Easter weekend while stalking in the morning havent heard one since.

Wayne

Back