Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SD Proposed insurance deal

SD Proposed insurance deal

Given the lively debate that followed the offer of a group insurance through SACS, it would appear from the poll results that a few people would be interested in taking up the offer.

The way that it works is that the insurance would be from the same start date for every one, this reduces the admin involved and helps keep the price down, plus the group members would be submitted to SACS in a database, that I would have to prepare. Now even with a kind hearted chap like myself there is a limit, which means that I will not be prepared to submit members in a "drip feed" fashion. I was thinking that if enough members were willing to sign on, say next week, then I would prepare the data base and get the ball rolling.

Obviously there will be people who will want to join during the first year of it's existence, of course they can but their membership would only be until the annual expiry date, which would mean upon renewal all members would start at the same time, the same would obviously apply to all members joining subsequent to the first year. There would be a reduction in subscriptions for members who join late, I do not know by how much yet so please don't ask, but the reduction is not likely to be on a monthly basis more likely on a quarterly basis. Something along the lines of if you join in the first three months of the year you will pay the full amount, the second three months a reduced amount, and so on throughout the twelve months.

Ian Clark of SACS is in Ireland at the moment and will not be back until tomorrow, so I cannot contact him until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest, to finalise prices etc, but it is most likely to 26 for the whole year. I can then get the necessary forms from him for members to fill in, payment will be made to SD by bank transfer and we shall pay SACS the whole amount.

This will only go ahead if enough people take up the offer initially, I am not spending half my life with membership applications on a daily basis for the next year, if that sounds harsh I'm sorry but this site is a hobby not a career. For those that are wanting to join up next week please contact me by pm.

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

I already get it thru' BASC and Countryside Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by deerpath View Post
    I already get it thru' BASC and Countryside Alliance

sounds fair enough to me ,as it happens my ngo membership expires in june anyhow so does my mates will be in touch

I'm in also. I will PM you.

I have been approached by several people asking if family membership was available, also was it possible for existing members of SACS to transfer to a SD group membership.

Family membership is available, it cost 60 and covers two adults at an address together with children up to 18 years of age.

Existing SACS members can transfer their membership which means their next renewal would be at the beneficial club rate, we need a minimum of 8 members to qualify for the club discount.

I like the 'legal' cover if appeal necessary. Count me in.

Count me in, I have SGA but want Sacs cover also, so yes, I`ll join up.

Gents could those of you wanting in please send a pm to that effect, that way I can keep all interested parties in one place, I'm trying to keep it as easy as I can FOR ME