Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why deer should always be followed up.

Why deer should always be followed up.

his first ever stalk and a good lung shot. Not much reaction I even thought it was a miss.

Great vid just shows sometimes the only one who doesn't know the deer is dead is the deer itself , any idea what caliber & ammo the deer shot with (please no deer cal debate ) just out of interest,

YRS keep up the good work

Yes my estate rifle sko 6.5x55 139 privvi and a 2 exit hole all the way through its lungs.
    This combination kills 100 deer an annum.
    Cant look at the carcass now as he's taken it but the lungs were DONE.

Thought a lung shot was a miss!

Seriously though an important lesson for everyone, how many would have followed it into the woods?

Unbelievable, when you see it on the slow motion it's a good shot. Well done to both stalker and guide keep up the good work.

nice one john .as we say the more you do the more you learn. out this morning saw a buck chaseing two others off at the same time to have three roe pass traveling flat out at 8.30 was quite a surprise so i stood and waited for one to return the other two crossed the ride 200yrds away

Thats an excellent video, if you look closely on the first couple of strides it looks like its pumping blood out the wound.
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Yep. Had the same with a client using Norma 6.5x55 Alaska. He shot it twice through the top of the heart. It never ran or jumped just kept walking as if loud bangs were a part of everyday life. Mind you it was next to F.C. woods. I nearly took the gun off him as I knew he'd hit it. He refused and was just about to shoot it for the third time when it fell over.

Very simiar shot this morning and a more common reaction to a "boiler room" shot this was a heart shot.

Fantastic videos again John.

Just out of interest what causes such a puff of steam on the second video, is it from the lungs?