Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what was your introduction to shooting / first gun

what was your introduction to shooting / first gun

i think i was 8 when my dad bought me a diana SP50 airpistol , for plinking in the back garden

Mine was the gun on the right........

Tim .243

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shooting roots.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	14840

Was actually thinking about this one when the Airgun Ban was being discussed.

Mine was a .177 Gat? gun. The barrel was pushed back into the mechanism and popped out when the trigger was pulled. The box showed a graphic that it could fire darts.

The end was recessed so that corks could be pushed in to be fired also.

Ownership was short lived however. My friend , safe in the knowledge that it was not loaded, held it close to his sisters chin and pulled the trigger! He failed to realise that a 2"" gap from her chin was insufficient as 3" of barrel popped out!!

My friend and I are 2 reasons why they should be banned. Albeit some 45 years to late!!

About 9/10 years old diana air rifle I used to keep the pigeons at bay in the garden, the seed was planted and had the passion from that day on.

Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

First air rifle was a BSA, first centrefire was a Lee Enfield No4 with the army cadets, followed closely by the Bren!

I also started with a gat gun when I was about 7. Brand new off my uncle for christmas with a full set of corks and darts. The darts would only stick in stuff from 6 foot away, after they they turned side ways. I also drew first blood with it, a spuggie off the shed roof, I don't know how I did it as you had to aim 7" to left and 2" low to hit a tin can at 10 yards.

Cheers. Matt.

single barrel hammer .410
    around 7-8 I think.

walked up rough shooting, remember beating one of Dad's friend's to a crossing pheasant. My first.

My first ever rifle was late last spring when I bought myself an air rifle. First powder burner was end of Jan this year but before that had shot rifles with cadets etc and mates airguns/ shotguns over the years.

a friend took me to shoot some rabbits with a .22 theoben fenman when i was 14. eventually bought the fenman from him and shot many more with it

First ever was a Webley Tempest air pistol my Father had, We would shoot tin cans in the back garden.

First I ever owned was a Gat gun, then a BSA supersport air rifle in.177 then a Weihrauch hw77K in .22, awesome bunny basher!
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"