Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feed problem CZ 455 in .22LR

feed problem CZ 455 in .22LR

I have a new CZ 455 in .22LR.

I'm having real problems with reliable feeds - about every 3rd round jams. Appears to be getting caught just as the round is being carried forward out of the magazine. Among those that do feed properly, quite a few get shaved.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem, and if there are known solutions?

It's driving me nuts.

It sounds like bent lips on the magazine. Have you dropped it or caught it in the car door when it was in your jacket pocket? If it is really new and none of the previous comments apply obviously take it back. Sliding rounds our very carefully with your thumb while you look closely from all angles might show the problem. (Make sure you use your nail to catch the rear of the round like the bold does.)

Hope this helps.

open the lips on the top of the mag a little at a time.
    this occasionally happened with my .22.
    its because the edge of the chamber is sharp and the round is coming in at too steep an angle

The 455 magazines are plastic, don't think there is much you can do to modify them, they either feed or they don't.

I would be back to the retailer for a new mag that fed properly, no excuses accepted.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

it could also be that the spring is new, and when you shove a full 5 or 10 rounds it it is under extreme tension, this then let's itself out on the point of least resistance, which is the front end where the bullet sits and there are no mag lips, what happens then is the first one or two rounds get angled violently upwards as you push them out of the mag, and they in turn catch the upper part of the chamber, if at all, which leads to jamming as they do not 'enter' the chamber'.

This problem is easy to ID if the mag feeds fine when only half full or almost empty.

I resolved this by leaving the mag full of rounds for 3 months, which took the 'over' tension of ot the mag spring, and it now feeds beautifully.

Have you removed the barrel lately? If the barrel is not properly aligned, it could cause issues with feeding. Also, CZ mags are available in steel (versus plastic), that could allow tweaking. I have never seen any of the older 452's have issues with feeding, so I'm inclined to think something is amiss with the barrel alignment, since people sometimes take the barrels out, and don't always get them seated back in correctly. Just a thought...

Thanks folks. Appreciated.

I think it could well be the spring as suggested by PKL - the rounds do look like they're being pushed up at a very steep angle.

Muir - using CCI Velocitor, which I understand can cause problems in some rifles.

MarinePMI - Not touched the barrel.

I had same issue, took back the plastic mag and got 2 x steel ones. problem solved.

When you say steel ones, do you mean the 452 ones? Or do they make the steel ones for the 455 as well?

And where's the best place to get them?