Meindl Dovre "V" Chameau Mouflon Plus

I'm sure a best boots thread has been posted before, however my Mouflon Plus boots are probably coming to the end of thier life after about 5yrs use.

I have quite narrow size 7 feet & the Mouflon have suited me very well, I know many folk speak highly of the Meindl Dovre however I've heard it may be a wide fitting boot compared to the Mouflon & therefore not suit my feet

So does anyone else have smallish narrow feet and wear Meindl?....

Regards

Rob

I only take an 8 1/2 and used to wear the Mouflon and knocked 1 pair out every year, last year i purchased a pair of meindls and they are going to do 2 years i reckon. I wear mine every single day near enough and they get some serious hard!

JT

I used to wear mouflons but they only used to last me a year, so I have just gone onto Meindls which I think are the groneig model (spelling not to sure of) and I am happy to say that they are worth every penny and coming from someone who has broken both ankles I wont skimp on decent foot wear any more.
Plus I belive that Meindl have got the contract to supply the army with desert issue boots so you would hope that they are good.

I got some Lowa Hunter GTX, well comfy, they have done me well on my patch as some of it is extremely wet, the thawing out snow etc didn't get through. Well worth the dosh.

TJ

For me it is Altberg
i have had both of the above named and never been really satisfied with the quality and the value for money the mufon have gone down in quality of materials as the now made in Asia

Tyhe Altberg is good quality hand made boot for less that the above an you can post them back to the factory to be refurbished and the speak English on the phone though i have never had a complaint as they do 1/2 sizes for the odd buggers like me http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/country.jsp cant beat them. sent a pair to be resoled back in a week. very very good

I wore Meindl combat boots in the Army, and wear a variety of Meindl boots now for shooting and farm work. I have a pair of Douvre Extremes, the Glockners and several pairs of Burmas. They are all serious quality: much better made than the Le Chameau Mouflons.

Lowa and Altberg make good combat boots, but I would always buy Meindl field boots.

I would try and persuade anyone not to buy the new mouflon boots as the quality has decreased considerably

we sold 7 pairs and had 6 pairs returned due to the falling apart and/or leaking

have you considered chiruca
pm me for details if you want

cheers

steve

Glad to hear the Meindls are getting plenty of support. I was faced with the same decision and opted for the Dovre Extreme. I'm waiting for a pair in size 12 to be delivered (early birthday present!).

Managed to pick up a brand new pair from ebay for £90. The same seller stocks a range of sizes and models, so it might be well worth a look if you are considering buying a pair.

Really looking forward to giving my pair a run out once I get them.

Novice

Le Chameau have down graded the quality of their boots.

I have worn their boots for years but after recently purchasing a new pair of the Bodium I can honestly say I will never buy another pair.

Just take your old pair to the shop and compare the quality against those on the shelf, I am sure you will then give LC a miss.

I think Meindl do a wide and narrow fit boot. I have Dovre Extreme boots and recommend them. I work in the Highlands (forestry) so the boots get a load of abuse. From personal experience they out-perform Lundhags and LC Mouflons. Only weakness is the section just above the heel reinforcement as it eventually cracks if not waxed regularly.

regards

Gronell are my first choice in boots, my oldest pair is 7 years old and still going strong. I have used them almost daily for stalking and they have even done Machu Picchu and Kilimanjaro. I have had a brand new pair in the bottom of the wardrobe for 3 years now but can't seem to wear out either of my first 2 pairs. The only downside is that they are perhaps a little heavier than some other boots @ just over 2lb per boot (size 13).

I have had my first pair of Mouflon Plus for about a year now and love them. Having said that I have used wellies and cheap boots for years and now appreciate the benefits of proper boots that fit. I (hesitate to say this) fell in while fishing in them and sheared off the top 2 lace hooks. Cheshire Gun Room had them back and in a couple of weeks they were back repaired under guarantee.
When they need replacing I will be looking at some of your recommendations in the light of the quality issues raised here.

Meindl Dovre exterme tere the ones you want .... been wearing mine hard for 2 yrs now AND I MEAN HARD there looking a little duffed up now but still water tight ..... you wont be dissapointed !!

North East Fieldsports (google it) are selling the Meindles for about 160-170 quid too (can't remember exact price)

Gez

Back