which 17 hmr

ziggyfiley

After getting a 17 hmr. There's two in the shop to choose from a cz silhoute or a Browning t bolt. Any for's and against's. Thank's Jason

Both very well built and accurate rifles, but the Browning would be my choice.

CZ's are like clitoris's.... every ****'s got one :D

Perhaps everybodys got one because they are probably the best choice in that price range.

Good point but a Ford Focus is a very popular car in it's price range.... doesn't mean I'd buy one.
I've just always been impressed with the quality of anything Browning.

i shoot an anschutz.build quality is great.i have heard good reports of accuracy in the hw60j.i would not buy one because its in stock.look on gun trader ect and get one shipped in if it gives you more choice.sorry tho i have no experience in the 2 you mention.they could be great.

I agree the quality of the browning is slightly superior to that of the CZ but I think the CZ possibly has the edge on accuracy. I have used both and they both do the job well. Personally I like Anschutz and increasingly Weihrauch but these are considerably dearer than the two the OP asked about.

Went to buy a T bolt and left with a CZ

Browning at the time only came with a 22" light fluted barrel, plus 6-8" for a mod, was going to be to long for a land rover gun. It all looked a bit light weight! I did like the straight pull, the 10 round in stock mag and the cross trigger safety.
CZ came with a heavy varmint barrel of 16" so put it at a little over 22" with a mod. The action looked to be heaver and gave the gun more substance. The 5 shot mag that protrudes the stock seemed easier to change with cold fingers.

They are both accurate rifles I chose the CZ for the field. I can't think of a time that i would need a 10 round mag! For the Range I would of bought the Browning!

Got a t bolt and well all being honest it aint all that! Shot a lot with it mind it does the job!

Im thinking about swapping it out for a sako quad.

But if it were down to a CZ or a T bolt - now I'd go for a CZ and any savings add it to the glass....

I was set to buy a browning t bolt,spoke to a gunsmith he advised the CZ would be a better bet.
I also managed to try a mates browning,was not to impressed.Went for the CZ ,glad I did:D

Got a t bolt and well all being honest it aint all that! Shot a lot with it mind it does the job!

Im thinking about swapping it out for a sako quad.

good choice,i have one in hm2 and is the most acurate rimfire i have used:D

After a lot of persuasion I went for a syntetic rather than wood .22 T-Bolt and am very pleased with it. The straight pull took me a couple of days to get used to but after that I ave no complaint's. I was out the other day in between stints in the Lambing shed and was hitting targets out to 100m with subsonic ammo. The HP ammo is a bit loud through the moderator i fitted but farely knocks the bunnies out and the subsonics are quieter than my old air rifle was. Hope you find someting to suit you.

Thank's for the reply's think I'm going the cz route. Would love the sako quad but already bought a Browning shotgun and a tikka t3 in the last 6 month's so funds are limited. Hopefully by Monday will be in the cabinet.

Thank's for the reply's think I'm going the cz route. Would love the sako quad but already bought a Browning shotgun and a tikka t3 in the last 6 month's so funds are limited. Hopefully by Monday will be in the cabinet.
You won't be disappointed mate, cracking , rugged reliable little popper

Back