Thread: Morning from a rainy Moray!

Morning from a rainy Moray!

Morning everyone, after years of borrowing (obliviously in company of the licence holder) various rifles for stalking and shooting fox and rabbit from my grandfather, father and friends I thought it about time now that I have settled back in the UK after a stint overseas in Germany and Ireland that I get my own firearms and shotgun licence. I am lucky enough to come from a farming background so along with permission to shoot on various land and currently serving in the RAF i did not find it too difficult to gain my licence's. My first buy was a new synthetic Browning T-Bolt 22LR rifle which I am very pleased with and and seems to be highly accurate out to the 100m I set the targets at the other day using the mil dot scope to compensate for the drop over this distance. Now I am on the lookout for a s/h .222 for fox and roe that are coming in around the farm, (any advice on something in the range of 300-500 would be appreciated).

Rgds, Gordon.
    Last edited by flash222004; 25-04-2012 at 11:49. Reason: Change

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome mate ,

Plenty of rifles about although they might be nearer the top end of your budget

Hello and welcome Gordon - - you can't be far away from me ? - - - feel free to pop over for a chinwag and a cuppa anytime.

" not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

sounds good, am away for 6 months to sunnier climes courtesy of HMG but back at the end of November so wont miss all of the season.

Welcome to the forum.

Rain? Moray? - are you sure
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016