Thread: 7mm tcu

7mm tcu

Hi all
    Iam beasy building a 7mm tcu , as any on got one and could you please share any loading info for 100gr or 120 gr bullets
    thanks lads

I have owned them in the past but in handguns. I used 4198 and H335 and the like. Hodgdon's web site has data. You're going to have to find your rifles individual sweet spot.~Muir

iam building remmy 700 rilfe in 7mm tcu its going have 19'' barrel. iam really looking to see how it dose in a rilfe ?
    thanks you muir ihave foundthat data

Good luck Luke. I will tell you that neck sized cases shot the best in my handguns, by far, and I never tracked down why. I was shooting competitively and when you find what works you just go with it. My XP-100 bolt action handgun had a 15 barrel and speeds were not that impressive. Watch those legal requirements you folks have if you're planning on shooting deer. Let us know how it turns out.~Muir

Hi Luke,
    May i ask why you chose a cartridge such as the 7mm TCU to have a rifle chambered in and what your intended use is for said rifle?

A bit off topic but what was West Yorks FLD response to a 7mm TCU? From my experience anything slightly out of the ordinary has them adopting the Fetal position and sucking their thumb. I Bamboozled them with something as simple as a 22BR. Had to get the BDS to explain things to them and assure them it was legal for Roe in Scotland.

hello Whitebeard
    the rifle will be used for target shooting mainly, but also deer if the results are good ( nosler's data shows that i should the deer ilgal at leat north of the wall) but ill be using it for 100m br shoots form time to time and maybe the mc queen's

hi yorkie
    i just filled out the form and sent it in a few a few week latter i got my fac back( it's only do for targat shoot for now)