The Deer Initiative Best Practice Day, 24th May

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
The Deer Initiative, in conjunction with The James Hutton Institute, The Forestry Commission and the North West Branch of The British Deer Society, are pleased to announce a Best Practice Day to be held at Grizedale Forest near Hawkshead, Cumbria on Thursday May 24[SUP]th[/SUP] 2012.

This will be a one day practical workshop event for land/site managers and deer practitioners and will cover mapping, dogs for deer, impact assessment, population dynamics and carcase preparation. Speakers will include:

Impacts AssessmentsDavid Hooton - Deer Liaison Officer with the Deer Initiative
Dogs for DeerNorman Healy – England’s Wildlife Manager with The Forestry Commission
Population DynamicsJamie Cordery - Deer Liaison Officer with the Deer Initiative
Carcase HandlingAndrew Dewhirst – Wildlife Ranger with the Forestry Commission

The cost of the day is £30.00 per person which includes a venison casserole lunch and a copy of the Best Practice Guide. To book a place on this event please complete the form below and return it with your cheque (made payable to The Deer Initiative) to Mr A. Boston, Mickledore, Skelwith Bridge, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 9NP

Places are limited so we recommend early booking.

If you require any further information about the day please contact Alastair Boston on 07855 606 877 or email northwest@thedeerinitiative.co.uk

Event starts: 07.30hrs
Event ends: 16.45 hrs
Refreshments will be provided on the day.

We will notify you if you have been allocated a place by Tuesday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2012.

View attachment Best Practice letter.pdf

Last edited:
I have just been to a Deer Initiative meeting in the South-West at which Jamie Cordery was presenting. He was really good, so if you are thinking of going to this, I can highly recommend his presentation.

Regards
Richard

I did a deer impact assessment day with Jamie Cordery back in April, needed it for filling out new forms for the FC grants, well worth it..

never think you are to old to learn or know it all....!!

Back