Thread: stalking

I am 62 years from a small boy i have always been into country pursuit i was born in a small mill town in Lancashire in the early fifty by the age of about seven i was out with my uncle's tickling brown trout setting purse nets. in place we should have not been. As a my teenager i had my own lurchers greyhound x beddlington whippet crosses. Then i remember getting my first shotgun a rusty old thing im sure it was not safe to use but i did and loved shooting rabbits over spring dog tried to train but failed miserably Then in my early twenty's i began training and working lab and that's still my passion to this day.

i got into stalking by luck i suppose. Someone had given back word at the last minute, and i was asked if i fancied a weekends deer stalking in Dorset Two stalks per day 20 a outing was the price (cheap or what ? ). I can tell you i shot my first buck on Friday 13th a place called donkey bottom in Dorset that weekend i stalked and shoot two more bucks . That was it i was hooked on stalking and would go every time i got the chance..

Welcome Dell.

Really nice intro - and not just because I was born in an Accrington brick terrace within earshot of a Courtaulds mill!

And Donkey Bottom? A gamebook entry to to remember - just write clearly or there could be all kinds of misunderstandings
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses