not stalking related...credit history query

sauer

hi folks

not stalking related but here goes...someone here might be in the know.

can anyone tell me if there is a way of finding out your own credit history?....as in if you no longer had documentation ...can you find out where you have previously had loans / credit cards etc and for amounts & dates etc?

cheers
paul

An interesting bit about credit history that i learned a few years back...

I was looking at new cars a few years back & didnt know what i wanted, so went on these comparison websites & got 30-40 insurance quotes on different types of cars. About 6months after this the washing machine & drier packed in, & this was december so i was skint from xmas.
So thought i'll get it on credit & pay it off next month... they refused me credit for £700!

Ive never had a credit card, own my house, never been in debt etc so i was totally p*ssed off & wanted to know why.
I registered for Experian & found out that every time i had got a quote some insurance providers on the comparison website searched my credit rating, each time your credit rating is searched - it goes down!

If you go onto those those comparison websites & search for insurance, loans, mortgages etc it affects your credit rating big style!!!

I was looking at new cars a few years back & didnt know what i wanted, so went on these comparison websites & got 30-40 insurance quotes on different types of cars. About 6months after this the washing machine & drier packed in, & this was december so i was skint from xmas.
So thought i'll get it on credit & pay it off next month... they refused me credit for £700!

Ive never had a credit card, own my house, never been in debt etc so i was totally p*ssed off & wanted to know why.
I registered for Experian & found out that every time i had got a quote some insurance providers on the comparison website searched my credit rating, each time your credit rating is searched - it goes down!

If you go onto those those comparison websites & search for insurance, loans, mortgages etc it affects your credit rating big style!!!

DA, I would suggest a major part of your problem is that you have NO credit history rather than a bad one. If you had HP on a car, credit cards etc, and could be seen to pay off this loans with no trouble - this would create a positive credit history.

wow!!!!!! you'd think surely you wouldnt get marked down for simply shopping round for car insurance ?!?!

ive never used the comparison sites....always phoned round but usually stick with direct line....the prce is competitive but also insured against unisured drivers , which alot of others wont insure you for....or tell you that either ....!!!

as said ...probably coz you never been n debt you have little credit history....not a bad one

paul

It is a very stupid thing how not having a credit card affects your credit rating, strange but true! I got refused a loan for £2500 (for a watch) so confused as to why being as my score according to Credit Expert was 931 out of 1000 I called them and it turns out that as I had HP on a car I had sailed past what is deemed as sensible unsecured debt (about £6k) so now I cannot get credit for anything for the next 2 years even thought my history is flawless and a hight credit score!

Get one of the high interest credit cards they give to anyone, use it and then pay it off in full at the end of the month so you are not paying any interest, best thing to buy is fuel as you need it and depending on your mileage can be quite a large amount. This all then starts to look good on your file!

I have plenty of good credit history, had 4 cars on HPI, had 2 motorbikes on HPI, had 6 loans for large holidays, got a mortgage etc.

It was purely to do with the amount of times i had searched for car insurance. Some of the providers on the comparison website searched my credit record each time & it made me look desperate for credit, even though i wasnt & only wanted quotes.

If any of you are registered with Experien & or Equifax try it yourself & watch the credit searches appear on your credit history.

Back