Thread: Advice please ..... newbie in need

Advice please ..... newbie in need

I've been involved in shooting for some time (wildfowling, fox/pest control, etc) and recently decided to take the plunge, get my DSC 1 and start stalking.

I've shot a few Munjac in Essex but am now seeking somewhere closer to home to stalk. I live in South Lanarkshire, Scotland so anywhere up to 100-150 miles would be fine.

Hopefully i'll be able to join a synidicate next year so details of land available now and future membership oppertunities would be gratefully received.

Alrighty bud My advise is to forget syndicates as they are frought with many pit falls. Get a farmer onside and try to get the stalk/shooting permission from him! Have your pinks arrived yet? Ours have just dissapeared over the last week!!!

Marc its amazing where you bump into people , hope you get some offers.

Billy T

Funny thing Nutty,

Bloody great Panavia Tornado roared over the houe the other week. Followed shortly afterwards by a huge skein of geese. They'd obviously been scared off the loch a few miles away.

Approx 5 mins later another Tornado roared overhead....i hope the 2nd aircraft didn't meet the geese.

I'll phone you later to discuss th fowling.

I have another book for you and it looks like we'll get access to make that range. I'll bring the book in on Tues.
    Almost bought another dog yesterday - lovely little cocker.

I've got a place on a small area "250 acres" just 20 miles north of Dumfries. I also have another 800 acres was thinking of combining the the two, there are at present 4 members, two from cheshire who make it up about 4 times a year and two from the north-east who make it over even less..
    Which makes the deer management a problem.
    if your interested PM me.