Tikka T3 Mags

reiver

I am looking at a almost new stainless left hand .308 which i quite fancy .
I remember reading on here some were on here about someone makeing 7 or 10 shot mags for them I think? which would be handy for Driven boar shooting. can anyone help me with this or
will i just buy a 5 shot mag.

Bob

Roedale and others make a new bottom metal set up that allows you to use the Accuray International mags.
Not a cheap way of doing it though.

There are quite a few AICS type mag systems out there. Roedale, Alutec, CDI and possibly MM Sporting.
Don't forget they all take a bit of work to get fitted properly.
Normally the original T3 mags work quite well.
edi

Sorry my bad, I think most of those systems are for 308/223. I am after something for a 30-06.

Mike

The T3 has one action and magazine length, only difference is stoppers on the bolt and blocks in the mag, hence you can use a .308 magazine in a .223.
I've not shot driven boar - would like to though - but it seems like you'll go through an awful lot of cost and effort, possibly introducing reliability issues, for a gain of 4 rounds.
Would the 5+1 and a spare mag not suffice?

Sorry my bad, I think most of those systems are for 308/223. I am after something for a 30-06.

Mike
Mike, Roedale has two different mag systems.
One uses AICS magazines and is, as far as I know limited to short action and the other is a mag system
that is almost identical to the original just made of metal and will take all original T3 mags.
edi

Mike, Roedale has two different mag systems.
One uses AICS magazines and is, as far as I know limited to short action and the other is a mag system
that is almost identical to the original just made of metal and will take all original T3 mags.
edi

+1.
in fact in my mind the best upgrade you can do to a T3.

Thanks for the advice gents. Thinking about shooting/stalking this summer is the only thing getting me through revision right now!

Regards

Mike

Back