Cheapest .224 bullets for reloading and puffing rabbits

Paul at Fechan

Not a big deal, looking for the cheapest make of hollow point/soft point for reloading and puffing rabbits. It's that time of year and 65gr sierra game kings are a bit too good for the wan rabbit

Nice one John, shotgun slugs are about as good as I cast, mind you i did used to do 38's. Cheers HWH for the info

When you up this way next I'll see if I can find you some, not promising but I may have some you would be welcome to.

John

I use Dog Town 34 grain HP's in my .22 Hornet with good results. I buy them by the thousand-lot. There is another company called Mid-South Shooters Supply that markets the same bullet as the "Varmint Nightmare" for slightly less money. This is a group from these bullets.
Dogtown34109.jpg

I'd post some pics of blown up rabbits and prairiedogs but I don't want to set folks off....~Muir

...and (all of a sudden) the same bullets are £15.60+ per 100.

That is a rip off.

I know where I buy mine.
That's very strange because I buy them for £12-50 per 100, perhaps your supplier doesn't like you, for a couple of quid extra you can get the 40 gn Vmax which is a far superior bullet

you should know by now guys anything over here is just double what we can get it from the states for. but due to import restrictions we are screwed getting them here unless your away there on your holidays over there :(

I was using 55grn Dogtown SP, they work out at 7p each if bought in a box of 500. Accurate enough to 200yds.

Back