Carcass trays?

shenry

Any ideas gratefully received for carcass trays for the back of the 4x4. I have tried gravel trays but they just aren't deep enough and they don't last more than a couple of weeks.

I know you can buy "the real thing" for £60 or so but I was hoping for something a good bit cheaper.

Any ideas out there please?

Bushwear sell them for £44.00, there are also some very good looking ones in the classified section on here and i think thay are a lot less money

regards cookingfat

shenry said:
Any ideas gratefully received for carcass trays for the back of the 4x4. I have tried gravel trays but they just aren't deep enough and they don't last more than a couple of weeks.

I know you can buy "the real thing" for £60 or so but I was hoping for something a good bit cheaper.

Any ideas out there please?

shenry, I bought one of the smaller ones from Gary (bucksden) at Stones deer dog day on Saturday & they are ideal.

I am sure he has more available.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4722&highlight=carcass+tray

Chris

You can have various different trays for different size deer. I found that a "Plasterer's mixing Bath" from the local builders merchant fits the bill for me. High sides to contain a few deer and if you put a divider in the bottom it keeps the blood off the beasts.

A white plasterers bath!! :eek:
Where did you get that please? Mine is black - I'm not a tray racist but I think white would be a much better option as it is easier to see if they are properly clean. :)
Could you let me know where from and how much please?

carcas trays

I did get 2 a few years ago now, they are Franconia ones in green & I am sure they were about £25 each form York Guns I think, I would say thay are fine up to larhger Fallow-but would struggle with larger reds!

Regas Lee

I know thins is an old thread. But any one know of any at a good price able to hold all size deer

I know thins is an old thread. But any one know of any at a good price able to hold all size deer
Depends on the size of your vehicle....
i have a plasterers bath (off amazon free delivery) that just goes in the back of mine with the seats down. Think it's 4x2x1 foot. Fits up to fallow bucks no problem.

Faithfull BATH Plasterers Bath 4ft x 2ft x 1ft:Amazon.co.uk:DIY & Tools

It's truly indestructible! I have drilled a couple of holes in each end and knotted rope thru them to make a handle each end. If I shoot a fallow in the wood I tend to go get the bath and drag it out in that (with a loop of rope attached to the handle!).

Last edited:
I use a Laguna goldfish pond liner. Fits Red stags no problem or several Fallow. Think it cost me about £35.

+1 for the plasterers bath.
Never thought about a pond liner!Very clever idea indeed and something to think about if you are going to be able to knock a few deer down at one sitting

I have a white plasters bath (same as in 75's post) which I bought a couple of years back and never got round to using if anybody wants it for £10 collected from Middlesborough area.

Willie. SOLD

Last edited:
Thanks. I like the plasters bath idea. I'm going to be shooting mainly roe and muntys but will be shooting fallow and reds at times.
It will be going in a l200 and hilux.

if your on a budget home bargins do a big plastic dog bed ,easily take a fallow for 5.99 theyre in any colour u like as long as it,s black

Back