Thread: Jonathans 1st Roe Buck

Jonathans 1st Roe Buck

Hi all, just a quick write up on behalf of one of our clients. Jonathan is one of our returning clients and has contacted Hunting Experiences twelve months ago with regards to shoot Fallow Deer. This time he wanted his first Roe Buck.
    After travelling down to the Lincolnshire fens on Friday we grabbed a quick bite to eat and were out on the ground rapidly. There has been many Roe seen recently but with massive expanses of Oilseed Rape in flower we knew we would have our work cut out, not only that the weather was against us it was cold & over cast with drizzly showers, so not the greatest weather for stalking Roe. After an uneventful evening standing glassing large flat fields and cover crops we lost the light. We had received calls there was a couple of Foxes starting to show their selves so on the way back home we had a quick flick around with the lamp, we saw one but it proved too much of a slippery culprit for us and we called it a night.

We were back up at 4.30am and out for first light, the morning was cold but bright and dry, I took Cheryl, Jonathan’s wife around to a spinney that over looked a cover crop and a pea field whilst Wayne one of Hunting Experiences guides took Jonathan around to a pond area that overlooks the earlier mentioned rape fields. One hour later we were cold and had seen nothing, when we got a call over the radio saying they’d seen a doe on some feeders and had watched her from afar, when suddenly a good 7 point Roe Buck showed and trotted slowly towards them, he looked a little nervy but stopped to a bark from Wayne and was dropped on the spot by Jonathan with a perfect body shot. Needless to say Jonathan was one very happy chap with an extremely good Roe Buck show for his first. A marvellous morning. Then back to the accommodation for an extremely good breakfast cooked by Cheryl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7 Point Roe Buck 5.5.12.jpg   Jonathan 7 Point Roe Buck 5.5.12.jpg  

Sponsored by

Sounds like a good mornings work to me - Well done Johnathon!