Use common sense, or stick to the law?

teabag_46

I'll be going to stay at a mates for a few days, camping in his 'garden' - taking the shotguns and rifles. In order to take all reasonable precautions to secure the guns, I was thinking of putting them in his safe, when they are not in use. I know what the law says about access to firearms, and the shotties are not an issue (72 hour rule) - but the S1 guns are a different matter (my mate has fac and sgc).Legally, we would be breaking the law, but common sense would say it's a sensible idea - what is the concensus?

Common sense OR stick to the law???

Assuming his safe has two locks, I think Brewsher's suggestion is porobably both lawful and sensible: since the OP and his pal must both be present to open the safe and therefore neither will have unauthorised access to the other's shooting-irons.

Common sense OR stick to the law???

Assuming his safe has two locks, I think Brewsher's suggestion is porobably both lawful and sensible: since the OP and his pal must both be present to open the safe and therefore neither will have unauthorised access to the other's shooting-irons.
I agree a sensible idea !

Thanks fellas, I think getting his second key might be the way to go then, although I might consult the FLO too.

Back