Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: scope for long range

scope for long range

Looking for a scope for long range shooting guys any idears on wat to get fir about 750-1000

Second hand Nightforce might be on the cards.....
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

+1 for a second hand night force. Or if you can stretch your budget look for a second hand 12-50x56 Schmidt and bender pmII.

Yes there both very good scopes to choose from if the budget wouls stretxh without a doubt be the s&b but i was thinking either nightforce or sightron or even a leupold mk4 or high end vx3

im not a fan of the night force scopes they give me the feeling im looking down a furred up drain pipe.

i used a zeiss conquest 6.5/20x50 rapid Z out to 650 yards with the 6mm BR with no issues.

but this is just my opinion.

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

What do you call long range?
    Are you looking at dialing or do you need a multpoint reticle ?
    If you want to stretch beyond 600yds you need to start looking for scope with more than normal elevation adjustment and/or a 20minute rail.

Be sure to check out the weight of some of these scopes if it's to go on a rifle you also use for stalking.

I have shot out to 1300 yards with my 5.5-22 x 50 NF NXS with ease. Currently for sale though not advertised on the site yet. PM me if interested

Never even conciderd zeiss :-( now this is gettin confusing. dont really like swaro scopes to be honnest