scope for long range

+1 for a second hand night force. Or if you can stretch your budget look for a second hand 12-50x56 Schmidt and bender pmII.

Yes there both very good scopes to choose from if the budget wouls stretxh without a doubt be the s&b but i was thinking either nightforce or sightron or even a leupold mk4 or high end vx3

im not a fan of the night force scopes they give me the feeling im looking down a furred up drain pipe.

i used a zeiss conquest 6.5/20x50 rapid Z out to 650 yards with the 6mm BR with no issues.

but this is just my opinion.

bob.

What do you call long range?
Are you looking at dialing or do you need a multpoint reticle ?
If you want to stretch beyond 600yds you need to start looking for scope with more than normal elevation adjustment and/or a 20minute rail.

Be sure to check out the weight of some of these scopes if it's to go on a rifle you also use for stalking.

I have shot out to 1300 yards with my 5.5-22 x 50 NF NXS with ease. Currently for sale though not advertised on the site yet. PM me if interested

Cheers

S

But we still don't know what you are shooting (targets or quarry), what rifle you have, and what you consider 'long range' - one man's long range is 400 yards on crows, another man's long range is 1,500 yards on the WMS steel challenge ;)

Are you shooting at different ranges and need to dial your targets with repeatability? Do you need ballistic turrets or not?

Do you need a range finding reticle?

Last edited:
Forgot to say that i want ti be able to dial in the distances and not use fancey reticles as it mite not stop on 1 rifle

I dont really want to shoot over 800 yards im happy at 600/500 yards and its mainly target but do use it for vermin and deer stalking

Sounds like the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 with z-plex would suit you. The light weight is a bonus.
I have two of them and use them all year round.
edi

I use a Sightron SIII 8-32 X 56.
I bought a mil dot ret so that I could use it out to 400yds without using the turrets, but the target dot is excellent.

A new one will be within your budget.

Batley hunter you must use Swillington guns right as its on your door step. He's the cheapest in the country for nightforce by far. If you can live with 1/8 clicks on your turrets instead of 1/4 clicks and your parallax on the end rather than on a side wheel then go for the NF 8-32 x 56 br. He's got some in for £975

Im concidering a sightron i had a look throu 1 on monday and was very happy with how bright they are and dunno about the ziess conquest never looked throu . ive look through a nightforce 15x 22x and 32x and i thibk the sightron is slightly brighter and more clarity but my choice wold be a s&b pm2 50x if i could afford

Back