Torque setting

pete evans

Going to take my scope off tonight re align rings and replace scope. What are the torque settings for the screws? hilver mounts on cz601.

i got an adjustable torque driver and set it at 15 in/lbs with some loctite thread lock on threads
ive done it for a few years now and never had an issue

Ahhh how does one get the Brno Hilver rings out of alignment?

The fit on dovetails and the rear one has a recoil lug so can only go on one way:-

29769676.jpg

Or have you got the dovetail bases with the stud on top for the rings?

Just remembered seeing one of those on flea bay.

bases with stud, rings go on top with grub either side. i made 2 30mm bars at work today that taper to a point so when the points touch rings aligned then make sure they running along middle of bore. seems ok, will find out soon. ring mounts are less of a faff for sure.

You can still get the Brno Hilver rings I believe. The Optics Warehouse has them. Or at least had them in stock. Of course if your after 30mm ones that's another matter entirely. I have a set or 1" highs still. One set of 26mm's I filed off the lug and made up a recoil stud and drill it for the stud an they are now on a BSA Monarch.

Then I managed to get a couple of sets of BSA 26mm rings new :rolleyes:.

A good, consistently accurate low-range torque wrench or torque driver is a treasure beyond price.

The cheapos will not give you consistency and the expensive ones might!

I use an Acratork adjustable driver that is checked on an Acratork setting gauge every time I use it.

Back