Cheek Pad Recommendations

I use an AIM cheek pad with sip up pouch on the other side. the pouch holds the battery for my lamp.
Its OK but the velcro tabs are useless! one wont even reach round far enough to get a proper grip of the fuzzy stuff

Looking at how the AIM secured to the stock doesnt look great.
The Blackhawk have rope fasteners that look better, anyone with experience of them???

I got a cheap garlands neoprene one which has Velcro securing it. I cut a cheek piece out of an old bit of camping roll mat which happened to be the right thickness which goes underneath on top of the stock.

The Velcro stretches ok and now has the shap of the cheek piece moulded into it when I take it off.

Cost about £10 of EBay and still going strong after 3 years.

Last edited:
Take a look at the Hillman cheekpiece,available in green or cammo can be used for either left or right handed shooters.It also will hold 9 rounds on the side.
BTW,the blonde struggling into her jeans does take your mind off your thread :D

Take a look at the Hillman cheekpiece,available in green or cammo can be used for either left or right handed shooters.It also will hold 9 rounds on the side.
BTW,the blonde struggling into her jeans does take your mind off your thread :D

Thanks, any links to the Hillman?

If you want something high quality with no additional pouches then get a Hunter cheek rest/piece. It grips the stock on the underside and ties in place. It has a contour to fit comfortably on your cheek raising it level with your scope. Reloading Solutions stock them at about £30. If you can't find any pictures of them then let me know and I will post one.

If you want something high quality with no additional pouches then get a Hunter cheek rest/piece. It grips the stock on the underside and ties in place. It has a contour to fit comfortably on your cheek raising it level with your scope. Reloading Solutions stock them at about £30. If you can't find any pictures of them then let me know and I will post one.

Thanks. Does it hold any rounds??

I have a couple of the Eagle brand ones. Decent sized pockets on the side away from your face, have ammo loops on that side too - plus are rock solid when fitted. Keep spare rifle parts and cleaning gear in them...

I have two sets of AIM velcro ammo strips in small and large calibre if anyone wants them. I will never use them and they are just lying around.

They stick to the outside of the cheek bag

Sorry I really have to ask this ................................................... why on earth would you want to carry cartridges on the stock?

I have a leather RWS pouch than can go on the belt or closed it fits into the jacket pocket. Four rounds in the magazine and am sorted to most sorties. If going further then I slip a box into the day pack.

Hillman are excellent, but not easy to get hold of - don't know of anywhere with them currently. The bearpaw cheek raiser system is good, but no round holder on it to my knowledge - but I too am not sure of the point of them. Great addition to the rifle though.

I use the Riflecraft/Eagle Accessories Shooters Stock Pack aka cheek piece butt bag!

Fits my stainless synthetic Sako 75 a treat, giving enough rise for good cheek-weld using a Swarovski 8x56.
I use the DPM version; I don't use the included velcro-on bullet pouch as I carry a spare loaded magazine in the pouch.
It is quite easy to slip extra strips of neoprene under the pad if you need more height.
You may need to remove the pouch for cleaning the bore (unless you are using a very flexible rod!).

Here's a link to areview:
Eagle Accessories review | Gear/Equipment Test Reviews | Gunmart

Bought mine at a game fair - CLA or Midlands or possibly Newark? Can't remember!
Not cheap but worth it in my oinion. Looks neat too!

Alasdair.

Attachments

• Butt Pouch.jpg
    Butt Pouch.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 34
I use the Riflecraft/Eagle Accessories Shooters Stock Pack aka cheek piece butt bag!

Not cheap but worth it in my oinion. Looks neat too!

I agree, a great piece of kit.

One thing worth bearing in mind with Cheek Pads in general is that when fitted, they may prevent you being able to insert/extract the bolt, particularly if you have a long actioned rifle.

+1 on the Hunter cheekpiece, nice piece of kit. My only gripe is getting the cord tight enough , but thats my knot skills not the product
craig

Back