midway is just pants... or are they?

Paul at Fechan

ordered a tikka rail a couple of weeks ago and change, how long does midway take to get stuff sent. I know it's from the states but cliffs has gear delivered in 10 days

experiences? :-|

I have used midway and midway uk a few times. Delivery times have been ok, but not next day! The kit has been well priced and delivered in about a week to ten days, so if not in a rush well worth a look.

A famous poem which contains the words 'pants' and 'midway' has been mysteriously conjured into my mind by the title of this thread.

Has anyone else been similarly afflicted?

the way I read it was the item was 'in stock' ie in the uk. Nothing in the spec for the item said it would be delivered from the us.

Midway is the place to buy
bullets and brass and how we try
but how they post is just a farce
their admin is just a silly arse

So in the end I want to cry
and eat my shooters humble pie
the rfd would blame the crew
viking, edgar they're all just poo

then on the mat there lands some bling
it's white and chunky lets cut the string
so into the packet we rip and tear
the kid has got his teddy bear

:smug:

Order it through a local rfd. I get mine that way and it normally works out cheaper. I not try brownells.com. They will ship to the uk and a cheeeep.

Paul,
got to agree with you there,Cliffs is the way to go...
Midway sucks, they let you believe its in stock when in fact its in stock in the US not the UK.
Their prices also suck.
Did you try EGW for your tikka rail..

the way I read it was the item was 'in stock' ie in the uk. Nothing in the spec for the item said it would be delivered from the us.

Midway is the place to buy
bullets and brass and how we try
but how they post is just a farce
their admin is just a silly arse

So in the end I want to cry
and eat my shooters humble pie
the rfd would blame the crew
viking, edgar they're all just poo

then on the mat there lands some bling
it's white and chunky lets cut the string
so into the packet we rip and tear
the kid has got his teddy bear

:smug:

A remarkable oeuvre!
The poem that came to my mind, however, was one that we had a look at at school.
'pants' and 'midway' - think on't....

Last edited:
I have not ordered anything from Midway UK for some years in fact the last order from them was about a year after they started up.
Delivery was never more then 7 days and some goods were 4 days, this makes me think that customs are the problem now.

Ian.

I'm pretty shocked at some of the replies
I hav never had a problem with Midway UK
Just one phone call to find if it is stock or not
If so I just drive over to pick it up
If not
I get a phonecall to let me know when it is
Never had to wait more than a week if not in stock
Always found Pete a pleasure to deal with even when he is in a grumpy mood ... Lol

I only live a few minutes away from him.
I would rather drive to just about any where rather than deal with them.

Shall we say customer service is not what it could be. :evil:

Bloody hell Stone, I thought he only did grumpy.

Never had a problem with them. Sometimes I buy from Midway, Sinclair, Natchez, Midsouth. Depends on the price. Usually 2 weeks max unless backordered. £8 delivery or free over £200 is pretty good especially for non-UK stocked items

Nick
I luv it
That is just his charm
Grumpy is when you knock him up on at 9 am Sunday
When you know full well he is not open till 10
And he still opens up regardless
To find out I only wanted to look..... Lol
I did buy a few bits to stop him exploding
But I can't fault his customer service where I am concerned
And I hav used him for about 10 years
I know others hav not been as lucky

Have you tried Evan's cartridges in Claverdon
Antony is just starting to get into rifle associated goods
May be worth looking into

Stone,
Maybe it's just me. I stuck it for a while, but I phoned one day to order some thing he answers the phone, (bearing in mind I was a regular customer),
and then goes off on one because he is closed. Why answer then ?
That was just part of it but any way....

Yea we use Ant for cartridges and any clays. I home load all my rifle ammo, will have to try and twist his arm on reloading bits again.

ATB

Nick

I do find it sad that Midway have gone like this, their buisness has some positives (1) a searchable if a little clunky website with a lot of products (2) prices on line that i can see when i want. but it is the guy who runs it who is letting it down with shockingly poor service, case in point my RCBS chargemaster packed up when it was under a year old and did not want to know. Midway only changed their mind when i said i would make a review video of the chargemaster dispensing 999.9 grains of powder instead of 99.9 as i had typed in a a review of midways customer service and post in on you tube. I don't mind the longer delivery or the cost its the attitude that i can't stand.

Could a company have a decent website with a similar level of products with prices on and an online ordering facility and perhaps even a willingness to be helpfull and i would send many £100's a year with them.

Simon

Back