Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebarreling Sako 75

Rebarreling Sako 75

Has anyone had any dealings with these guys?

They seem really decent on the phone and very helpful. I am thinking about betting a Sako rebarreled by them... any info would be good.

Had a look at their web site and prices look good. Dont know what the standard of workmanship or Customer service is though.

I met these guys at Diggle about 5 years ago and they are really decent fellas.

I know Vince Bottomley reviewed a rifle they built in Target Sports mag and it was a quarter inch rifle etc .

Thanks Jon,

I think that I will go with them, though I may change my calibre from 243 to 6x47 lapua...

After this thread prompted me to look at their website I then went one step further and called in to visit Chris when I was in the area a few days ago.

Basically I wouldn't hesitiate to go with these guys. Chris showed me a couple of rifles he had just completed and also work he had done including various F Class rigs. A couple winning consistently in that particular class. Very knowledgeable and a current stock of barrels already available.

In my opinion you have made a sound decision.

I really appreicate your help with researching this one... rebarrellnig a rifle is no cheap task and I really want to get it right.

I will stick up some posts once the rifle is sorted and back on the range.

Thanks again for all you help

Nice one Chops

That sounds great - looking forward to hearing about the report/pics

My Sako has arrived back from Rhino Rifles - I dropped it into the stock this evening after having a removed a little wood from the barrel channel to ensure it was free floating.

Now just have to make a stoney point gauge cartidge, measure up and build a few test loads...

If I work out how to upload pics I would post them ... sorry

Thanks for the update.

That is super quick. It doesn't seem long ago at all when you had decieded to go with them (weeks not months??).

Chris' work as I have seen myself is absolutely top draw and attention to detail is 100%

Did you go for the Lapua in the end?

Yes - I went for the 6*47 Lapua. Mad looking round - it is quite a bit smaller a 243 but seems to enjoy the higher pressures. I am trying to find my 7.37mm drill so I can make a stoney point cartridge for the OAL gauge They are buggers to get hold of over here!!!

The job looks a good'un, I just cannot wait to put it on the range and start working up some loads. Graham & Chris took 5wks to turn it around - nice. Plus they are both decent guys so I don't begrudge handing over the cash...