Renewal of FAC 2012

Hodadr

For anyone renewing your FAC be sure to read carefully the conditions impossed by the Chief of Police. I have just had mine returned with restrictions missing, addition of a requirement for adequate financial privisions for 3rd party liability claims and could only use on a range with my named target club.

A quick call to my local FLO had these corrected, with the excuse that the new national computer system adds them automatically. I had the rifles reinstated quickly but posed the question what was considered adequate financial provisions? I was met with silence, needless to say the word adequate was quickly removed and the addition of the word "or" resolved the range use question.

Even thought they had my licence for 4 months, they clearly don't read what they send out.

they managed to delete one of my ammunition allowances effectively rendering me a fugitive of the law with the ammo I already held (illegally) !
They then added a "Winchester" .270 rifle where none existed (.270 Win is a calibre not a rifle I explained)!

But chaps it cannot be you must be mistaken as I have it on good authority, the Lincs Firearms manager no less they they are incapable of making mistakes. They DO NOT make mistakes.

See so it must be you ;).

I recently had a letter from the Police with the date 30th Feb!!!!!

They are incapable..........................................................of making mistakes!

Pilgrimmick, what is wrong with that??? date, everyone know 30 days hath septober, and february has 94, wake up!!

nice chuckle to the start of my working day

Not mistakes, but computer says NO.

If they spent more time checking what they sent out rather than trying to be clever with conditions they might actually do their job!

Hodadr
Many people misunderstand the bit about the club, and i agree it is not very well worded but essentially it means that you have to have your primary club listed therefore you can only target shoot whilst you remain a member of that club, it does not preclude you from shooting under the auspices of other clubs. As to the condition about 'adequate financial arrangements' that is the standard target shooting condition. It means what it says;basically suitable insurance.

Frank

As to the condition about 'adequate financial arrangements' that is the standard target shooting condition. It means what it says;basically suitable insurance.

Frank

That is correct Frank, however you do not need "personal" insurance to shoot if you are a member of a home office approved club.
The wording "adequate financial arrangements..........and so on, actually apply to the club you are a member of and any club/range you shoot at in the aftermath of the MOD no longer checking ranges and issuing range safety certificates.

Ian.

Last edited:
Hodadr
Many people misunderstand the bit about the club, and i agree it is not very well worded but essentially it means that you have to have your primary club listed therefore you can only target shoot whilst you remain a member of that club, it does not preclude you from shooting under the auspices of other clubs. As to the condition about 'adequate financial arrangements' that is the standard target shooting condition. It means what it says;basically suitable insurance.

Frank

Thanks Frank,

I also interpreted what it was ment to mean, but being a bit of a legal eagle for a living, knowing what it is ment to mean and what it actually says, and allowing myself to be dupped in to letting it stand, would require a massive leap of faith on the part of me for ACPO, the Home Office and my local Constabularly. All of which I and many on here wouldn't trust as far as we could throw them, rightly so in many case.

At the end of the day i don't think it is much to ask that they get it right. In any even there is no legal requirement for such silly conditions. I have insurance and beleive everyone should have it, but to have a beurocrat tell me really steams my noodle.

At the end of the day, Ignorantia juris non excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law does not excuse" ) applies equally to all.

Whitebeard , tell me where I mentioned personal?

Hodadr
It is a standard condition which superseded the one about Mod ranges. I'm surprised they changed it. As Whitebeard has elaborated for me it refers to the range owner or club.

Frank

Back