Ticks & Clothing

dave1372

Alright folks,

Just had the pleasure today of removing the first ever ticks I have had, and I think I will give it a miss about telling the wife about the one I just removed from my bollock:D. I think I am now banished to getting changed for shooting in the garage and having to leave all my gear in there for decontamination afterwards from now on!:doh:

Anyone else been banished? or other tips for making sure your clothing doesn't have ticks on them?

dave i know what you are going through . i have been looking at getting a permitherin bottle(spelling) for mozzy nets and spraying my clothes with that and seeing if that works you can get it on ebay and i know ticks dont like it,atb wayne

Make sure you tuck everything in basically. I've noticed that I get less ticks when I wear a long sleeved shirt tucked in, trousers tucked into socks and wellies.

I've found ticks on my legs even when I've worn boots with trousers velcroed tightly around the boots. The little gits still manage to get up the trouser legs.

Wellies definitely seem to put them off though. They probably can't hang on very well.

I use jungle formula tropical mix , It even works when wearing shorts in the lake district just don't spray near your dogs they sneeze like mad, hope this helps baz

Just got myself some of this clothing. I am normally a tick magnet, will be interested to see how it works.
You won't be disappointed never picked up one tick last season either stalking or beating. That was a first for seven years so they got my vote!!

Where does one get this clothing, I have always picked up the odd tick but this year have seemed to have more than my fair share with one going really messy, leading to a couple of months on antibiotics

You won't be disappointed never picked up one tick last season either stalking or beating. That was a first for seven years so they got my vote!!

I did buy the trousers and the shirt, with hindsight I think I just would have got the shirt and the socks as that covers both ends of the trousers :doh:

I normally get up to 20 ticks every year but this year I have been wearing the Rovince shirt, trousers and socks I haven't had a single one so far! If I had any complaints it would be that the trousers are quite lightweight, but apart from that it fits the job perfectly.

Highland Industrial Supplies stock them, they are from Inverness but also have a shop in Perth near Bushwear. They go to Scone too.

I did write to the rovince asking if they would consider making a lightweight base layer so far I have not had a response.

It be honest, I think your idea of the socks/shirt combo with a good pair of waterproof stalking trousers would still do the job. I'm going to buy some more and I think I'll skip the trousers.

nah, one pair of trousers costs more than everything I wear to go out stalking

I'd rather pay that every year than get lymes! But that's my choice everyone has there own. Besides that one of the permissions I got is riddled with ticks. It's not nice but didn't pick up one last season with these trousers.

Back