Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello to all

Hello to all

Hi Every one.

The name is Bob and i am based near Andover in Hampshire,I'm a ex service man and i served my time in scotland's oldest cavalry regiment.

I now work as a survey engineer for a major power management company and love it,

I have been involved with shooting since the age of 8 when i fired a CZ 22Lr in the yard of my father oldest brothers farm in Scotland, as i mentioned i have served in HM forces and reached my final goal of becoming a Gunnery instructor on chieftain/challenger scorpion scimitar AFV's.

I also have a love for Ham radio, but have in the past 5 years i have put that to one side to pursue my love of shooting. i have been doing pest control on 5 golf courses for over 17 years and now i have moved up to the world of deer stalking thanks to 3 great friends and a few others along the way.

i currently run a 22lr a 17hmr and my steyr PM MKII in .243, and for those pesky flapping things i have a tank called baikal its a 12 bore and will most likely out last me.

thank you.

Welcome to the site Bob, sounds like you have a great job with that tank , and it sounds like someone else has caught the stalking bug.

thank you

well the old Baikal will do me fine for the amount of shooting ill do with it, as for the deer stalking i love it, i hope to be totally proficient with the dressing of the animal, as for the stalking of the animal its just fantastic.

all the best,

Hi Bob,

sorry missed your inroduction when you posted it over a month now,

wecome and see you soon

Hi Bob,

sorry missed your inroduction when you posted it over a month now,

wecome and see you soon

bob welcome to the site

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat
    Hi Bob,

sorry missed your introduction when you posted it over a month now,

welcome and see you soon

Hi Anthony.

A big thank you mate to you and kev. i have learnt so much over the last few months that i look forward to having the mentor bit removed when i renew this year, it has been great to work with you and to have been out on the first day of this year stalking was the best thing i have ever done on a new years day.

look forward to many more trips to keep me learning as much as i can,

see you soon.

PS: thank you to all for the very warm reception,

You sound like a BBS member? Any way a lot more experienced and knowledgable people on here and a fellow forces chap!!

hi woody

i have a few mates on the bbs and it is a good site,

but i had to come here to help me get on with the deer stalking,

i do find the chat and info on here faultless, and i do read a lot of it off line,

as for being a ex army chap, you got that right a ex scots DG and proud of it,

I know this person from the BBS, nice to see you here Bob.....