Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new job

Smile new job

Hi All,

Those of you that know me will probably know that in June last year I was told I would be made redundant effective June 2012 (along with a great number of my friends and collegues). As you can imagine this was a bit of a blow as I have a fantastic job that is 7 mins walk from my front door, great salary and 45 hrs a week. Since I was told I have been through a shed load of different emotions.
    My wife and I have 2 young children and It's a sickening feeling when you start to look at the jobs that are out there and realise that you might be spending 3 hours a day in the car just travelling to and from work and earning less for the privilage.
    out of the blue, I recieved an email from a company wanting to talk to me regarding my going to work for them. We met early last week and following a 2 hour interview and some physchometric tests they offered me the job then and there.
    I will have to start driving to work but it's only 1/2 hour away and the money is comparable with what I'm on now.
    The job means some changes to my lifestyle (getting up at 5 to walk the dog is going to be a shocker in the winter) I have had to tell the lads in the Pheasant syndicate that i'm dropping out because i will be working a lot of Saturdays and it's just not fair on the Wife if i'm out feeding birds every night after work.
    I promised myself a stalking trip as a reward when I got a new Job and I have wangled 2 weeks off in between finishing one job and starting the next but I can't decide what to do (any ideas for a day or a couple of days away?)

Great news about the job, sure you will think of something to fill two weels!

Good news hope it works out for you

Hi Stu
    Nice one mate chuffed for you, you know you're welcome for a stalk anytime with me

That's great news good luck with the new job

sometimes every cloud has a silver lining ,congrats

regards norma

hope the change works out smoothly and congratulations because this is not the easiest time to get a job. Well done!

Take the family away for a break!

dont know you mate, but great news ,it saddens me that hardworking people with families face job loss and good luck in the new job.derek

Quote Originally Posted by Conor1 View Post

Take the family away for a break!
    We are all of to Centre Parcs in the morning as it happens. I booked it before I got the job as I wanted to make sure the kids had a holiday in case I was out of work.
    Cheers for the comments lads, it means a lot.
    Wayne, Your a Diamond, i'll drop you a PM when I get back from CP.