Amazing footage from the Space Shuttle

Just to give you an idea, it's final speed of 3000mph s roughly the same speed as a bullet!!
If you see some of the you tube sniper videos then a 1.5 mile shot is estimated at a 4 second flight time.
Wonder what it feels like to travel at nearly a mile second:eek:

Going from a horse and cart to this in just over 100 years! where will we be in the next 100 years!!!!

Just to give you an idea, it's final speed of 3000mph s roughly the same speed as a bullet!!
If you see some of the you tube sniper videos then a 1.5 mile shot is estimated at a 4 second flight time.
Wonder what it feels like to travel at nearly a mile second:eek:

Something to add to my Bucket List !

Going from a horse and cart to this in just over 100 years! where will we be in the next 100 years!!!!

I know where I'll be push'n up dasies. :lol:

PS. mind you not to soon I hope.

Grounded. But thank you Bobby Goddard. I bet he would cringe at our progress now.

There won't be any mass exodus from this planet any time soon.

I won't be going until they find a planet half coverd in forest with nothing but deer in it and the other side coverd in ocean crowded in Bass.

Last edited:
I do wonder about the altitude though (41 miles) . Did any one else hear it?

Given that they were only just breaking out of the atomsphere 41 miles is probably about right.
A Low Earth Orbit is between 160–2,000 km (100–1,240 miles) above the Earths surface.
When you think that you are out of our atmosphere if you stood G.B. on its end then it makes you realise how thin our atmosphere really is.

Given that they were only just breaking out of the atomsphere 41 miles is probably about right.
A Low Earth Orbit is between 160–2,000 km (100–1,240 miles) above the Earths surface.
When you think that you are out of our atmosphere if you stood G.B. on its end then it makes you realise how thin our atmosphere really is.

The fact the sound was remastered by sky walker sound. I bet they had almost nothing to work with. I would love to know what camera they used.

Back