Any Jobs Going???

AllThingsShooting

Hi All,

Thought that I would put it out there and see what comes back.

I am looking for a part time role within the shooting industry (Sussex/Hants), ideally working with a stalker willing to pass on skills and expand my knowledge, however would consider most things associated with sporting shooting. I am lucky enough to have a regular income so wage/commission isn't the key factor.

I have a mass of experience within business development and marketing as well and presenting on a national level. Ex military with various shooting qualifications including DSC1, registered deer warden.

Bullet points:

DSC1 - BASC
Firearms Certificate
Shotgun Certificate
Registered Sussex County Council Deer Warden
Clean Driving Licence
Advanced Driver Certified (Bike & Car)
Ample First Aid Certificates
Various GNVQ/NVQ's Business Management
International Bestselling Author
Various Military Qualifications
Exemplary Military Conduct

If anyone has any ideas, pointers or indeed wants to know a little more then please pm me, as I said I am open to most roles, fast learner and willing work for little to get my foot in the door.

Thanks again in advance to those able to help.

All the best

Ben

Last edited:
Hi mate,

When a job is advertised in the deer sector there are usually thousands of applicants, it is therefore important that you have all the necessary qualifications in place in order to give you the best chance. The main ones would usually include:-

Firearms certificate
Shotgun certificate
Clean driving licence
DSC Level 1
DSC level 2
A degree/national diploma in Countryside Management or Game & Wildlife Management
Documented experience in deer management and carcase handling
ATV certificate
Chainsaw Operating certificate
First Aid at work certificate

All the best, M

Could the learned members on this forum clarify "ATV Certificate" please? I gather that in some circumstances the LANTRA certificate is no longer acceptable. Is there a LANTRA chain saw certificate?

First I have heard that the LANTRA tickets are not being accepted. who is not happy with them?

Nptc seems to be the thing nowadays because its a fail or a pass. lantra you cant really fail its just "training". nptc assessment's are a test and you can fail.Think employers prefer the Nptc because of this.

Last edited:
I understood that if you wish to be considered as a contractor (or in fact even to use a quad on a FC lease) with the FC, Lantra was no longer acceptable. Of course I may be quite wrong - I often am.

Back