Thread: Neeed to learn more patience !

Neeed to learn more patience !

Got to a permission tonight where I have been watching a nice buck. Get into place and wait for 30 mins...........nothing. Decide to follow the line of gorse bushes on the other side and see if he is over there. Guess what happened next ? Yup, half way over the field and I spot movement in the strip of wood and it's my boy and a doe. Can't take the shot as there are cattle on the other side and I can hear a quad buzzing around in the next field. Bugger. Stay still and wait. Out he pops 40 yards in front of where I was originally ! Bugger !! Spent the next hour chasing him around the place but couldn't get a clean or safe shot. If I had just stayed where I was ! Aaaaaargh !!!!!!!!

The temptation to take a half assed shot was huge but there are always other days and it just isn't worth it.

Truth be told I'm quite sure that happend to a good few, just WAIT you'll get another chance !!

Atb, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Been there and done it but stayed where i was. Result was Jon and me dragging one big Fallow pricket out of some boggy ground.
    Stay with your first instincts unless.....................................
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.