rimfire scope

Mungo

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a simple, robust scope for a .22. Preferable in the region of 6 x40 - 8 x50 (fixed rather than variable), and no bells and whistles (no IR, no AO etc etc). Price under £100.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Although you said fixed mag

I use a hawke 3-9x40 at around £50 and £20 for dovetail mounts it is a brilliant scope, mine has held a constant zero over the two years I have had it ( and it gets knocked and covered in mud).

I am not a Hawke fan having inherited two on rifles, sure I may not have been lucky there though.
I have 4 rimfires and none of them is adorned with anything worth more than £100
1 Walther (despite your non variable/IR request) which is bullet proof and seems to just take abuse.
1 Leupold very clear for the money
1 Nikko Stirling - Old one not the crappy new version

all bought second hand, all very useable and all well under £100

I have a Hawke Eclipse with a MAP8 reticle on my Anschutz 17/10. Absolutely brilliant, know your range put the appropriate dot on the rabbit from 20 to 125 yards and in most cases drop it.
I just cannot see the point in spending large amounts on scopes for rimfires.

I have a Hawke Eclipse with a MAP8 reticle on my Anschutz 17/10. Absolutely brilliant, know your range put the appropriate dot on the rabbit from 20 to 125 yards and in most cases drop it.

Ditto

I can't seem to find these on the web. Anyone know if they are still doing them / where I can get one please?.

fraser

Thanks for the replies.

Wonder why it's been discontinued as it seems pretty popular :confused:.

Probably cost of parts............................. not enough profit left so they change to cheaper stuff. I made the mistake of buying a Hawke Nite-Eye. Will never buy another Hawke scope.

Probably cost of parts............................. not enough profit left so they change to cheaper stuff. I made the mistake of buying a Hawke Nite-Eye. Will never buy another Hawke scope.

HA HA!
It was a Hawke Nite Eye I Inherited.
The flash dot wasn't centred in the cross!

Hawke gear has always seemed very good value to me. Incidentally, my experience of Deben is that they replace fauly equipment with no trouble at all.

Hawke gear has always seemed very good value to me. Incidentally, my experience of Deben is that they replace fauly equipment with no trouble at all.

Well like Highland Outdoors with the Nikko Sterling. Deben seem to think that a eye piece that wobbles about so much that one can see the reticle move is normal. I spent the money found the fault and they didn't care so they don't get any more of my money simples. I did look at some of their higher end stuff at the Newark show and was less than impressed. The thought struck me was how could they ask that much for this?

Mungo, get yourself a good second hand leupold 6x. The 6 x 40s are afabulous scope. Remember that unless it is designed as a RF scope the paralax will be set for 100 m or yards. for a RF you want to reset this for 75. You can do this by adjusting the from objective lense in or out on most scopes.

Thanks for all the replies folks - much appreciated.

A seconf hand Leupold would be ideal - just can't seem to find any in the range/price I'm looking for.

Just remember that doing so will void any warranty left on the scope.

There is a M8 6x40 on flea-bay now.

Back