Hi from beautiful British Columbia

wannabecanuck

Greetings from western Canada! Originally a Brit but spend most of my time in BC now. Still cant get my head round how vast this province of Canada is (about the size of UK, France, Belgium and Holland put together). And its all covered in trees which makes it damned hard to spot deer!

One day I will figure out the paperwork and bring my arsenal to the UK for a stalk or three. Thats one of the better things about living here - firearms laws. No restriction on how many rifles or what calibres. If I live here much longer there is definitely the danger of going local (most hunters here have 10+ rifles, most of which never even see action). Silencers are illegal though.. health and safety (or political correctness for that matter) havent quite found thier way over here yet.

Not so great in BC are the hunting regulations. There is literally a 200 page rulebook about what, how many, where, when, why etc. I feel sorry for the farmers who cant do anything to protect their crops other than shooting 2 deer per year. And if you want to hunt as a foreigner, make sure you have very deep pockets! Hunting licenses for overseas residents are very expensive and you are only allowed to hunt with a licensed guide. Otherwise I would willingly help out any SD members making the trip over here.

So any farmers in South England who need some extra firepower - give me a shout and ill bring some "toys" with me next time Im in the UK!

Welcome to the site there are one or two guys from Canada on here.
BC is a place I love I have relatives in Vancouver and in Kelowna.
Where are you based.

I am in Vancouver. Less than an hours drive from some of the best salmon and sturgeon fishing in the world! Theres a few places to hunt black bears not too far away but the more productive deer shooting is 4 hours, and moose another 4 on top of that. And for sheep hunting in Northern BC, thats about an 18 hour drive. Makes popping to France for a weekend to shoot wild boars look positively unadventurous!

Back