culling license

joneah243

hi all, i was talking to a bloke yesterday who told me you need to be licensed to cull deer even if its on your own ground and the species of deer are in season is this right ? or dos the bloke mean a dsc 1 or 2 ?? cheers

hi all, i was talking to a bloke yesterday who told me you need to be licensed to cull deer even if its on your own ground and the species of deer are in season is this right ? or dos the bloke mean a dsc 1 or 2 ?? cheers
Not to my knowledge in the area I stalk and you don't even require L1 or 2 either
Who was the bloke and where was he talking about..?

Alot of people seem to have read snippets of info in the paper about the recent change of legislation surrounding culling female deer out of season.

You now need a license to take female deer out of season even if you are the land owner & the deer are causing significant crop damage, but Jo public has mis-read the article altogether & think you need a license to shoot any species/sex of deer.

Ive come across this a few times over the past few weeks.

DA

hi stone, the bloke was a bit of a no it all i think mate, i was talking to him in my local well when i say talking more like listening ha ha ha i was talking to a friend of min about the ground iv got and the amount of deer on it i have only seen fallow on there but my friend said he has seen 1 roe ??? anyway the most at one time iv have seen is 20 animals but see 11 on a regular basis how the conversation started was i said to my mate do you think theres enough deer to take out 1 or 2 prickett bucks this year when there in season and thats when this bloke butted in lol

This is incorrect advice. As long as you have permission to shoot the deer and they are in season, you can do so quite happily without any licences or qualifications. You would need a license if you wanted to shoot deer at night or out of season in certain circumstances.

only thing you need is permission off the land owner/owner of the shooting rights, the animal to be in season and deer wording on your FAC and shoot away mate.

where abouts you based ?????? your not far from me

ATB

Dave

Just goes to show what little he knows about deer management!!
Also highlights the dangers of talking too loud about your ground `down the local`, this guy knew nothing but the next one might have a strong interest in what you have :-|

cheers for that shavsgreen yes your right mate but i think this bloke had ears like a bat lol just walked in and butted into the conversion lol

I would say this chap has no idea but if you have to ask if its right maybe you should do some homework

thanks for the advice trouble, i am new to stalking so this question was part of my homework and if you don't ask you don't get mate

Im not getting on at you joneah , but you realy should know the answer to this before you picked up a stalking rifle

yes i agree trouble and i thought the man was talking **** and i was right:D but i thought i would check with some of you experienced chaps, as i said i'm new to stalking and the easiest way to learn is to ask, and as you said do my home work before i go out stalking

Back