Blaser R93 Vs Sauer 202

Huntingstella

I Currently have a R93 which I think is a very good rifle but is the 202 a better rilfe.

which one has a better safety system??.

I think it is down to personal preference and that "better" doesn't come into it. I have an R93 and think it is ideal for me but I've shot a 202 and thought it was a lovely rifle.

Maybe we should drop a questionaire off to any deer we encounter and see which they'd rather be shot by? :lol:

I have a Sauer 202 Outback in 0.243" calibre and can honestly say I love it - light, compact, well engineered and shots like a dream.

The safety system I would say is not better but different. I have no problems with it. I suppose one advantage is it is silent but then again you would have to be very close to the deer to hear the click of a normal safety. I vote for the sauer but then again I have never had a blaser R93.

Willie

Both are excellent rifles.

Both should be very accurate, both have very good triggers, both have unconventional if very different safety's.

In the better grades of wood, both are very expensive.

However, the Sauer is a much more traditional looking rifle.

Personally, I have the Sauer which I love, but I keep getting an irrational itch for a Blaser.

It is really down to what you personally prefer.

I read this and smiled.
I ve had a 202 for about 6 years in 6.5 swede and absolutely love it. I needed to moderate a rifle for SFC land and went down the Mauser M03 route after considering going back to the R93, after about 6 months of lugging the M03 around i sold it and went back to the R93 pro cut to 18in with a jet Z. Piecemeal the R93 is not as solid as the M03 ( but it also doesnt weigh as much) and hasnt the polish of the 202 but the total sum of its parts add up to a rifle that is for me, exceptional.
I still love the 202 but the R93 in a completely different way captivates me.

Would i sell the 202 to get a R93, no, nor vice versa but my advice would be if you have or can make a free slot get both.

I suppose technically the R93 is a better safety system as it decocks the action - when it is on safe it cannot fire. The R93 is short and compact and I suspect is very good with a moderator.

The 202 is though beautifully made and I looked the other day at a 202 takedown in 25-06 - a really nice rifle. I am sure that both are made on CNC machines etc, but the 202 does feel as if it is a more traditional rifle carved from a block of steel.

Could be tempted by a 202, but have just committed to another Heym in 7mm.

I suppose technically the R93 is a better safety system as it decocks the action - when it is on safe it cannot fire. The R93 is short and compact and I suspect is very good with a moderator.

The 202 is though beautifully made and I looked the other day at a 202 takedown in 25-06 - a really nice rifle. I am sure that both are made on CNC machines etc, but the 202 does feel as if it is a more traditional rifle carved from a block of steel.

Could be tempted by a 202, but have just committed to another Heym in 7mm.

Back